Rap & Hip Hop: Hip Hop DX just released their 'Top 10 Albums of the Decade'?

• Cap

It's not bad. It's got some obvious mentions, and some mentions I would have replaced. I can't really fault it. I'm not a huge fan of Hip Hop DX as I feel it goes through different phases of rating albums..some of which don't really seem directly linked to straight up quality.

On another note, This comment has to be a contender for "E-Fail of the week"

"Maybe if you made a list of the best selling rap albums of the 00s it would be more accurate. The best albums usually sell the most."

In Order: 1. M.O.P - Warriorz 2. Jedi Mind Tricks - Violent By Design 3. Sticky Fingaz - Blacktrash: The Autobiography Of Kirk Jones 4. DJ Premier - Rare Play, Vol. 1 5. Bumpy Knuckles - Industry Shakedown 6. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts 7. Dead Prez - Let's Get Free 8. Reflection Eternal - Train Of Thought 9. Big L - The Big Picture 10. Edo G - The Truth Hurts 11. Cali Agents - How The West Was One 12. Binary Star - Masters Of The Universe 13. Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer 14. Various Artists - Lyricist Lounge 2 15. Common Market - Tobacco Road 16. Gangstarr - The Ownerz 17. Vakill - The Darkest Cloud 18. Big Shug - Street Champ 19. CunninLynguists - Southernunderground 20. 7L & Esoteric - Dangerous Connection 21. CunninLynguists - Will Rap For Food 22. Louis Logic - Sin-A-Matic 23. Xzibit - Restless 24. Jurassic 5 - Power In Numbers 25. Electric Company - Life's A Struggle 26. Ivan Ives - Iconoclast 27. Cymarshall Law - Hip Hop In The Flesh 28. Fashawn - Boy Meets World 29. Nas - The Lost Tapes 30. All Natural - Second Nature 31. Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele 32. Hi-Tek - Hi-Teknology 33. Mr. J Medeiors - Of Gods And Girls 34. Braille - Shades Of Grey 35. J-Live - Then What Happened 36. Pete Rock - PeteStrumentals 37. Common - Like Water For Chocolate 38. Cymarhshall Law - Hip Hop In The Soul 39. Strange Fruit Project - Soul Travellin' 40. Theory Hazit - Extra Credit 41. Elzhi - The Preface 42. Little Brother - The Minstrel Show 43. Little Brother - The Listening 44. Edo G - My Own Worst Enemy 45. Deltron - Deltron 3030 46. Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow 47. KRS-One - Survival Skills 48. Dilated Peoples - Expansion Team 49. Talib Kweli - Quality 50. X-Ecutioners - Built From Scratch These albums were all really dope. Number 50 is still good. And this isn't even choosing from stricly my own personal collection either. The 2000's were good. @54: Industry Shakedown had great production. It's high no matter what you base it on. @Rob-O: It's based on votes. You've been voting on it for half a year.

• Where's Nas' Stillmatic (2001)? That should have made the list instead of placing The Blueprint with The Black Album. I would put Common's Be (2005) or Kanye's The College Dropout (2004) up there too.

Even 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Tryin' (2003) should have replaced one of those albums.

@ ?usten

Presented In Order Of Release:

Supreme Clientele by Ghostface Killah

The Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem

Train of Thought by Reflection Eternal

Stankonia by OutKast

The Cold Vein by Cannibal Ox

The Fix by Scarface

Shadows On The Sun by Brother Ali

The Blueprint / The Black Album by Jay-Z

Madvillainy by Madvillain

Monkey Barz by Sean Price

• Spice

A decent mix of good mainstream and somewhat underground albums. Everyone is going to have different opinions, but I think they succeeded in making a worthy list.

I agree that combining two Jay-Z albums is not only against the rules but unnecessary. They should have just said the Black Album.

I like alot of older hip hop but if the list is about this decade, then I would have to say Blu & Exile's collaboration needs to be added. That was a great album.

Source(s): My opinion

That's a solid list, but you can't combine The Blueprint and The Black Album into one album, and still name 9 other albums in a top 10.

I'm surprised Food & Liquor didn't make the list. Wasn't Hip Hop DX ejaculating all over the place when that album came out?

• ?usten

Would someone mind copying/pasting it in here. My school blocked HHDX. (Nazis!)

*EDIT*

Thanks ST.

Eh, I'm not feeling the list. So albums that I feel should be on there before some of those:

Atmosphere - Seven's Travels

Blu & Exile - Below the Heavens

Common - Be

Common - Finding Forever

GZA - Pro Tools

Kanye West - College Dropout

Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor (lmao at Mechanical)

Nas - Stillmatic

Nas - Untitled

Raekwon - OB4CL2 (Maybe)

The Roots - [Any of their last four albums]

Royce da 5'9" - Death is Certain

Talib Kweli - Quality

Most of those are more list worthy than some albums on that list.

• I didn't mind it, it was a good blend of albums that i may not agree with compleatly, but i see why they are there. My favorite albums of the decade were missing from it though. I would have had some Lupe, Kanye, common, Nas, Blu, on there but whatever.

Pretty good, but some more could've been added. I'm glad they put some underground rap albums on there, because most people only recognize mainstream artists. But they don't have Nas, Lupe, Talib, kanye, or common.