I'm an American wanting to live in Britain. Need advice?

Hello guys. I've been doing some reading, mostly other questions from Americans also wanting to live in Great Britain, but with different circumstances. I am 19 years old. I've never traveled outside of the U.S. I have a high admiration for the British; I always have. I have European roots in me, but I... show more Hello guys. I've been doing some reading, mostly other questions from Americans also wanting to live in Great Britain, but with different circumstances. I am 19 years old. I've never traveled outside of the U.S. I have a high admiration for the British; I always have. I have European roots in me, but I don't think I have any British blood. Anyway, I felt a compelling want/need to move to England, specifically, and try to naturalize as a British citizen. I would be by myself. I don't have much money and I know that the pound is about half of the American dollar. All I really have is an ambition, but the more I read from British citizens, the less I feel like I would be able to survive on my own. I would really appreciate any help from anybody. I have no guidance here, and I would like the most insight I can receive. I came across this idea with full ambition, but the more I read from the Brits, the more I feel like this idea would come back to haunt me in my future. But hey, I love Brits! Heh heh. Also, I am willing to change my location from England to another British country. I feel like I might be killed in Northern Ireland though...Just a feeling.
Update: I suppose one of my biggest questions is which city would I be able to survive in? I would be very much afraid to attempt to live in London. I think I would die of poverty within a week. I just need a small, affordable place to stay in, so I can just get settled with a job; then, once I am situated, I could begin... show more I suppose one of my biggest questions is which city would I be able to survive in? I would be very much afraid to attempt to live in London. I think I would die of poverty within a week. I just need a small, affordable place to stay in, so I can just get settled with a job; then, once I am situated, I could begin to start looking at different options. I like the idea of doing much research. I just have no clue how to make things work out successfully. It is truly scary to think I would try to move over there without any guaranteed place of residence or job to keep food in my stomach. To the first answerer: I've heard that the United Kingdom is a bad place, but I just can't find it in my heart to believe it. I was raised and taught that the British are our closest allies both nationally and socially. I love the idea of being friends with a British citizen. So my main point is that I would be moving more for the people.