Has anyone ever heard of this, like a victim of a cult of brainwashing liars?

I am just wondering, have you ever heard of any cult type things, religious, satanic or otherwise, that kind of try to brainwash people? Like, Maybe "brand" or label , or even go out of their way to set the victim up for things over a long period of time, and then brainwash them into thinking that they... show more I am just wondering, have you ever heard of any cult type things, religious, satanic or otherwise, that kind of try to brainwash people? Like, Maybe "brand" or label , or even go out of their way to set the victim up for things over a long period of time, and then brainwash them into thinking that they are what they possibly frame or make them out to be, possibly by cyberstalking, bullying/scare tactics to keep the target or victim under control, and things like that? Or just attempt to drive them nuts? Something like this, that I found on a website:

"A remarkable thing about cult mind control is that it's so ordinary in the tactics and strategies of social influence employed. They are variants of well-known social psychological principles of compliance, conformity, persuasion, dissonance, reactance, framing, emotional manipulation, and others that are used on all of us daily to entice us: to buy, to try, to donate, to vote, to join, to change, to believe, to love, to hate the enemy. "

Also, I am from the town of Mt.Sinai, NY. Being as this name was presumably taken from the Bible, has anyone ever heard of this area being involved with cults or something like that? Just curious.
Update: Also, I didn't intend to start any kind of religious debate, I only bring that up since I have heard of people that use it as a scapegoat or excuse to do these type of things. I think that I have to kind of agree with Century though, things like that just don't seem right.
Update 2: British Shorthair, who is this guy with the ball and stick thing, I haven't heard anything about that?