Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCruise Travel · 1 decade ago

Mermaid group recruitment cruise job ..is this a scam?

I recently applied to them about a job.

They e-mailed back offering me an interview after I had done a test, one in which I have to pay a package for of £10.00.

Was just wondering if anyone else had heard of this company?

They do say they recruit for P&o etc.

Favorite Answer

Try not to pay for cruise ship jobs. I suggest you apply directly to the cruise line. Most of the major cruise lines have a careers link near the bottom of there website.

Below is the link for P&O cruise careers.

http://www.pocruises.com/Careers.axd

Hope I helped!

Source(s): frequent cruiser

The Mermaid Group were going to get YOU an amazing cruise ship job right? They then charged you £20 for a 'E-learning' book? Sadly, it's all a SCAM. That Ann Powell might not even be real. Check the blog for more info at www.mermaidgroupuk.wordpress.com and tell us about your experiences on Twitter @mermaidgroupuk. By sharing this information, you can make sure the same thing does not happen to other passionate job seekers.

We would like to take this opportunity to answer the above question.

Mermald is a reputable company that is not registered as a limited company but as a sole trading company.

The download whilst not compulsory is used as part of our structured recruitment procedure to enable us to source the most committed candidates.

We do not recruit directly for the cruise lines but for companies that lease space onboard the cruise lines vessels.

Any negative reviews received in comparison to the 20% of shortlisted candidates from the total applications received over the last 6 years are a very small percentage.

Please see our terms and conditions for further information.

Its a scam if you have to pay, all cruise lines have careers sections on their websites, always apply directly thru them rather than thru some agency, most of which are just scams out for your money. I bet if you call P&O theyll tell you they dont work with this agency. One colleague was scammed out of £50 by one of these bogus recruitment agencies

Mermaid Group is definitely a clever scam! And I have a proof of that.

On top of that they still owe me 20 GBP.

Mart

I have just had these emails. Their address is running from a mail box company called mail boxes etc. Has anyone found a job through this company?

I've just applied for this aswell but they have not said anything so far about paying for anything.

found it on gumtree but strange thing is when I've looked for the add to show a friend its now gone

Hey Gilliam,

I tried emailing you directly but it says you dont have email allowed, i applied to them too, and they said i had to reply to the email with a reference number that i would only get from purchasing the parcel thingy, not sure what to do dont want to get scammed. my email adress is foolish_consistency@hotmail.com if you want to discuss it futher

Definitely a scam, so obvious.

P&O are carnival line who use mostly Indian staff so this sounds a bit iffy to me.