Out of all the countries in Europe which do you think has the toughest people?

Which of the countries in Europe have the toughest fist-fighters? Which country has the most natural ability in fighting with their fists?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

While I cant argue that professional boxers aren't tough, they do a lot of training.

You are asking who has the most natural talent and I would say it would have to be Ireland. The Irish are among the toughest in the world. Bare-Knuckle boxing is common among certain communities in Ireland, and it certainly takes a lot of balls to do that. Also the Irish are known throughout the world, especially in America, for their brawling and toughness.

The Irish also have a lot of world champion boxers, and if you look back through history most of the earliest champion boxers were Irish. This was at a time when training wasn't that developed, and therefore a lot of natural talent was needed.

In fact, a lot of todays boxing styles are based on that of Celtic fighting techniques.

Source(s): Gaelic Martial Arts on Wikipedia :-)
  • 1 decade ago

It looks like it's a tie between the UK and Germany.

I'm judging this based on the number of world boxing titles held by individuals from EU countries, and both Germany and the UK have 3.

Germany:

Juergen Braehmer – WBO Light Heavyweight (175 lbs)

Felix Sturm – WBA Middleweight (160 lbs)

Sebastian Sylvester – IBF Middleweight (160 lbs)

UK:

Carl Froch – WBC Super Middleweight (168 lbs)

David Haye – WBA Heavyweight (200+ lbs)

Amir Khan – WBA Super Lightweight (140 lbs)

Both countries also have 4 more titles which are tied.

If you're going with ingrained toughness I would go for the Russians. How can they not be after all the years of bitter cold, famine, war, genocide and dictatorship?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Russia. Their boxers are trained not to beat their opponent but to kill them. A long established drinking culture and scarceness of resources has given Russians centuries of experience in fistfighting

• 1 decade ago

A lot of top boxers from Europe are from the UK...apart from that I've no idea.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

the irish of course , weve got no jobs no money and our country has been invaded yet again , this time by the polish and the blacks , it makes us bitter and twisted our only relief is getting drunk and beating 40 shades of blue out of each other

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.