What to do with the Australian speeding notice I've received (I'm in the UK and have never been to Australia!)?

I've just received a speeding infringement notice form Victoria Police, Australia - although I have never been to Australia! They have my correct name, correct street name (not number) and a postcode from a few streets away. I believe I know who has given these details, and old acquaintance who moved to Australia a year or so ago - they lived in the street which the postcode on the notice had. So my question is, what should I do with this? Go to the police in the UK? Ignore it? Or will they chase it up? Also, what is likely to happen to the person who gave the false details?

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

    all you have to do is prove you weren't in Australia at the time the tissue was issued and it will be rendered invalid- I believe you've become a victim of identity fraud and should also mention this old acquaintance, this will give them an idea of who actually did the relevant offence!

  • 1 decade ago

    Go to the police yourself

    As long as you can prove that you wern't in Australia when the ticket was issued you'll be fine

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Send your reply to the issuing authority in Australia. If they want to prove that it was you then thats up to them to do.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.