Fearing my paint brushes?

This past 18 months or so things just haven't been right. I've heard of creative block, but I don't think this is my problem, my mind is full of creative ideas after all. Just that everything (with strange exceptions) is taking so incredibly long to do, I look at the quadtych I'm doing and wish I... show more This past 18 months or so things just haven't been right. I've heard of creative block, but I don't think this is my problem, my mind is full of creative ideas after all.
Just that everything (with strange exceptions) is taking so incredibly long to do, I look at the quadtych I'm doing and wish I could just get on with it, and the same with the sailing ship...these are promising paintings....overdue commissions too.
Yet I look at everything, ready to start, and seem to fear picking up the brushes and messing everything up, I'm almost afraid of the task.
Oddly enough, I have turned around a couple of successful paintings in a short time while al this is going on.....and another commission has arrived and I've yet to start when in the past I'd be deep in by now.
Am I alone in this problem....has anyone met it before or know what it is?
I'm getting very distressed sometimes.
1 answer 1