Name
Name asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Why cant Muslims donate their organs?

Unfortunately my dad has a fatal disease, and their is a good chance that he may need a lung transplant. if he does there is a 97% he will make it and everything will be better again. I'm Muslim, and I know its not good to question the rules but why is it so bad to donate your organs after death to help a human? If my dad does get the transplant it will be because someone donated their body. Now if everyone was Muslim, then there would be no donations, there would be no chance for all these people who need heart, kidney, and lung, etc transplants. And although the only thing that needs to match is the blood type, think about it will an Asians lung be compatible in a Muslims body? No. But my fathers doctor told him that we don't do many transplants, so it probably wont be from a muslim. If you were in my shoes what would you think? Why cant we do this when all it does is help people. I have talked to the doctor and know that my dads only chance of survival is if he gets a transplant. So how can we say dont donate your organs when that is so many peoples only chance?

I have been told my whole life by my grandparents that Allah wants us to come "Whole" the day of judgment. I always expected it to be true.....

i have heard many arguments about this topic. but i have aways said no matter what happens i will give every organ when i pass... it makes me happy to think i could be saving many childrens lives... and i will worry about answering any question on judgement day. i know should something happen to one of my childen, god forbid, then i would want a donor

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why cant Muslims donate their organs?

Unfortunately my dad has a fatal disease, and their is a good chance that he may need a lung transplant. if he does there is a 97% he will make it and everything will be better again. I'm Muslim, and I know its not good to question the rules but why is it so bad to donate your organs after...

Source(s): muslims donate organs: https://biturl.im/VDB1V

First any organ would come from Allah..

2. Why in the world did Allah give us knowledge if not to use it? Surely if you have belief and faith through Allah all things are possible. Then you would know the answer. We take medicine and have operations so save our lives.We receive blood in times of need. What is the difference in a lung, kidney, or blood? None.

3 My personal opinion. If something can be done to save a life and they refuse for any reason. It is suicide.

4 Refusal to accept an organ that may come from a Kuffar is utterly ridiculous. When it comes from Allah in the first place.

Been on the organ donation register for years. I believe we should have an 'opt out' system, not a sign up for it system. Doubt science will want my body once I am finished with it though! I drink too much and smoked for too long!

Donations or transplant of organs is not forbidden in the Quran hence allowed. There is nothing more to add except Ijma (consensus of the scholars) is a "made up" concept, it by itself is devoid of any kind of sanction from God and has no bearing on the rulings of God.

• Hassan

Muslims can donate organs but it depends upon the situation. in you case organ transplantation can be done.

Muslims CAN donate their organs. If you know where it says we can't than I'm more than open to reading it however everything is Halal until proven otherwise.

The fact that most Muslims don't donate their organs is different...

@Curious, You have no right to just quote references and try to imply their meaning, you are not a scholar. That is so not OK.

@curious: You shouldve provided the link originally instead of just misquoting certain parts because to me it looked like you were trying to draw your own conclusion. As well you should read the WHOLE source because if you scroll down it lists the shari'ah rulings that say Organ Donation is OK.

• HC

It's disrespectful to God to take a perfectly good, life-saving organ and let it rot in the ground.

you can donate your organs

inchalah if my organ could save someone,it would be a reward even after my death.

Source(s): never heard of islam saying that donating irans after death is haram

muslims can donate their organs