How to get my fiance to get rid of his dog?

Okay, so his dog is a 2 year old chow mix and he really doesn't take care of the dog like he should. My family used to show dogs and I have helped do training for junior handling and with show dogs. However my fiance and I differ on opinion as far as training goes. His dog has already bitten someone granted... show more Okay, so his dog is a 2 year old chow mix and he really doesn't take care of the dog like he should. My family used to show dogs and I have helped do training for junior handling and with show dogs. However my fiance and I differ on opinion as far as training goes.
His dog has already bitten someone granted the dog wasn't aggressive towards her or anything, but he was laying down and my fiance told her that he was near her feet and when she got up she stepped on his muzzle and he bit her. Not a very serious bite, but she filed a report.
But his dog is aggressive towards strangers and his dog has tried to bite me before. He has attacked my fiance. However my fiance doesn't think about this. I love my fiance but he's stupid.
People walk by our house and it has been reported to the police that his dog is aggressive towards people walking on the sidewalk anywhere near our house. I live in Kansas and I know it's a "one bite" state, but is there anything else I can do to help get rid of this dog? My fiance doesn't want to train him the way he needs to be trained so he can be happy and non-aggressive dog. He also doesn't keep up the dogs coat (Chow Mix so it has alot of hair) and it's constantly itching and scratching and he has dry skin because the dog won't let me fiance groom him or anything, but my fiances answer is giving him a bath. I see no excuse for this. If he took care of the dog, he would be able to groom the dog and the dog would be trained as well.
Any advice?
I am thinking about talking to a local cop as well because I am not sure about where we live since it's in a small town.
Update: I don't have time for the dog for the simple fact I am a full time college student and I also work part time and I drive over an hour each day one way just to go to class. My fiance knows there is a problem, but doesn't want to put any true effort or energy into training him properly, even though everyone... show more I don't have time for the dog for the simple fact I am a full time college student and I also work part time and I drive over an hour each day one way just to go to class.
My fiance knows there is a problem, but doesn't want to put any true effort or energy into training him properly, even though everyone has told him the dog is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I know it's not the dogs fault, but I also know humans are more important that dogs when it comes down to it.
I am not mean and I don't think any dog, show or whatever should eat better than the owners. You're making a big assumption that I find to be very rude and offensive.
Update 2: I don't hate the dog. I try to work with him when I am home and have time, but he doesn't listen because training a dog is a family effort. Not a one person effort. It gives mixed signals to the dog and makes it confusing for the dog. This is not a new issue. I have asked him for a while now to take the... show more I don't hate the dog.
I try to work with him when I am home and have time, but he doesn't listen because training a dog is a family effort. Not a one person effort. It gives mixed signals to the dog and makes it confusing for the dog.
This is not a new issue. I have asked him for a while now to take the dog to get groomed and he keeps putting it off. I asked him to go get some formal training that he approves of for the dog, but he keeps putting it off.

Also my relationship with him is just fine. A marriage or any relationship is never picture perfect and we also talk out any concern we have over the other. We don't fight. We have disagreements, however we talk them out to make sure we know how eachother feels and work out a solution. I say we don't fight because we never yell or raise our voices, they are just disagreements We have very good communication, so just because I have a problem with his dog, doesn't mean there's a problem with our relationship.