Dogs section: what's your opinion on this?

I was just browsing on the world's worst dog breed information site ever - dogbreedinfo.com - when I found out the shocking numbers of designer foo-foo mixes. I wonder how many dogs are being bred irresponsible at this very minute - probabilly thousands - just to *create* a new breed. Then I went along... show more I was just browsing on the world's worst dog breed information site ever - dogbreedinfo.com - when I found out the shocking numbers of designer foo-foo mixes. I wonder how many dogs are being bred irresponsible at this very minute - probabilly thousands - just to *create* a new breed.

Then I went along ANOTHER ridiculous mutt - an "Ausky" - and I read something that made me feel like throwing up on my keyboard. Here's what some proud owners had to say about their "breed" of choice:

"Wow, I never even knew there was such a thing as an Ausky. It was a little weird when our dog Gerogia - Our AKC registered Siberian Husky female got pregnant by Toby - Our AKC registered Australian Cattle Dog male. But there was nothing we could do. But when the puppy's were born we thought "Well at least the puppy's are cute". When we got rid of all them we ended up keeping one of the males. He is so cute."

Dear god! This is terrible. What do YOU think? It just made me so mad.

Legit: Can you name a famous person that owns your dog breed? As for me, the most famous Bloodhound owner has to be... Mickey Mouse - Pluto was a Bloodhound! And Basset Hound, I can only think of the most famous Basset Hound itself: Droopy! - http://www.cartoon-secrets.com/Photos/DroopyDog3.jpg

Lyn
Update: Mephis, it's OK, I have all night! :-)
Update 2: Nothing wrong with a mutt, lily. What worries me is how people are stupid enough to fall for a cross with a foo-foo name, because of the looks, and pay a screaming quanty for it - while they could adopt a free dog with the exact same level of pedigree at a shelter.