Automatic friend requests on Facebook?

I checked my email addresses to see if anyone I knew had joined up on FB, straight after-wards I got six new friend requests, some people I knew and others I didn't know at all! So I don't know if they were genuine requests or not and they all came at once - does anyone know what happened?

they could've added you at differant times but facebook might have messed up and made it seem like they added you at the same time. just add the people you know and deny the people you don't know:)

In the right bar of your Facebook home (http://www.facebook.com/home.php), there is a section called Suggestion. This section shows the users of new Facebook users, featured Facebook users, mutual friends, as well as friends that not contacted for quite a time. You might have received requests from some misguided people who saw your name in the Suggestion section.

However, there are some possibilities that those people are friends of your friends (mutual friends). You can check it at their profile page.

Facebook's new layout tries to suggest more friends that you might know. It's possible that six people were suggested you as a friend, and went ahead and clicked the link to send you a request.

This could be a glitch, but not sure though. it happened to me, but sometimes, someone may send a suggested friend request. These sometimes come up as friend requests due to faults.

It may be that one of your friends thought you may know all these people and sent you a SUGGESTED FRIEND REQUEST.

facebook sucks.its all about advertising.do you really want to share your life with people you knew in grade 4

• Megan

I already change my password

no