Can you eat a squirrel killed using carbon monoxide gas?

I have heard that it is one of the most humane ways to kill a squirrel. I don't have a gun, and I can't shoot it, and I'm not going to drown it, which I have also heard is a 'humane' way to do it. Does killing it using carbon monoxide make it inedible? I don't think so... But I'd... show more I have heard that it is one of the most humane ways to kill a squirrel. I don't have a gun, and I can't shoot it, and I'm not going to drown it, which I have also heard is a 'humane' way to do it.

Does killing it using carbon monoxide make it inedible?
I don't think so... But I'd hate to find out the hard way, you know?

I know that alot of feeder mice are killed via car on monoxide, and the snakes and lizards etc that eat them don't get poisoned, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks!
Update: William - Because squirrels are delicious! Taste like chicken, and they're free! :P
Update 2: Bill - I have heard that the easiest way to do it, is to trap the squirrel, and then keep it in the trap and put the trap in a plastic bag, then run your car exhaust fumes into the bag for a minute to put it to sleep. Then cut the throat to bleed it. Barbaric sounding, but it's supposedly the best... show more Bill - I have heard that the easiest way to do it, is to trap the squirrel, and then keep it in the trap and put the trap in a plastic bag, then run your car exhaust fumes into the bag for a minute to put it to sleep.

Then cut the throat to bleed it.

Barbaric sounding, but it's supposedly the best method. I'd hate to drown the little guy. :P
Update 3: Fourwheelhorseman- Yes, the squirrel will be trapped in a havahart trap. I can't imagine it would be easy with a loose squirrel!
Update 4: Nickdc - Actually, it's listed as a legal method to kill animals here. It's used mostly for feeder mice for feeding snakes and lizards, but I've heard of it being used on pigs, and small live game aswell.
Update 5: UPDATE - It looks like the best way to do this, is to use Vinegar and Baking soda in a (mostly) sealed container, and the critter will be put to sleep, and then you can handle, and bleed him.

Thanks for the help though kids!