Why do Microsoft Notepad documents print out with unintended "carriage returned" lines?

Text I typed out in Notepad had lines "carriage returned" where I did not type them, i.e. paragraphs are broken up and blank lines inserted. (So this paragraph would look like below). What causes this, and how do I stop it from happenning and fix it when it does happen? Text I typed out in Notepad... show more Text I typed out in Notepad had lines "carriage returned" where I did not type them, i.e. paragraphs are broken up and blank lines inserted. (So this paragraph would look like below). What causes this, and how do I stop it from happenning and fix it when it does happen?

Text I typed out in Notepad had lines "carriage returned" where I did not type them, i.e. paragraphs are broken up and blank lines inserted.

(So this paragraph would look like below). What causes this, and how do I stop it from happenning and fix it when it does happen?
1 answer 1