Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

My tattoo is kind of shiny and wrinkled.. is this normal?

I got a tattoo 2 and a half weeks ago, and have been following the aftercare from my tattooist to a tee, it peeled last week, but now the skin on top is shiny and wrinkly, is this normal? and i just still healing? Thanks

Yes as long as your not using too much lotion or ointment, that is normal and part of the healing process. You should still be following your after care instructions (for about 2 more weeks) until the shine it looks like skin, your tattoo is not yet fully healed.

• Kenika

Firstly, Congrats on getting your tattoo done!!! Now its pretty normal for tattoos to look like this after 4- 5 days. both my tattoos looked the same. your tattoo is just scabbing and that is a part of the healing process. you might want to leave it alone and avoid touching it. you can apply a cream called SILVEREX by ranbaxy on your healing tattoo thrice a day, after having washed it nicely with soap and water applying little pressure on it. Give it some time and do not scratch it even if it itches. at other times keep your skin on the tattooed region hydrated by applying moisturizer Your tattoo shall be ready in a time of 15 20 days. Take care n cheers! Pooja

Hello Everyone,

My Tattoo was inked on January 8th 2015. This is a picture with a flashlight on 1/20/15. Is this something anyone has seemed?

Yes, it's quite normal. The wrinkly area will smooth out in the next few weeks. It's healed on the outside, enough for a touch-up sitting, should it need anything. The inside is still healing, though, and will be for about four more weeks. Take care.

Source(s): I'm a professional tattoo artist, 7 yrs.

yea its normal you just godda keep putting tattoo goo or a&d on it. it will get better after a cupple more weeks. i have two tattoos and they dont full heal for about a month or possible a bit longer.

It just an reaction if you using too much amount of the ointment... use it just a very tiny and make it not visible on your skin.