ec asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

Where can I buy acai berry?

I have been eating healthy and lost one and a half stone so far. I know the Acai berry is not a miracle pill but I would like to buy it to help me towards my goal. The problem is I don’t know where to buy it as there are so many websites and I don’t know which ones are the real thing. I am worried of ordering something and then it not real and just a scam. Has anyone bought it and could recommend a place in the UK? Thank you for your time!!!

Favorite Answer

Any heath food shop will relieve you of some cash and supply you with this useless berry. Unfortunately it contributes nothing to weight loss which requires diet plus exercise.

Source(s): GP for more years than I care to remember

You CANNOT buy Acai as a whole fruit in North America. You can only get Acai in powder or pulp form. The best way to make acai powder is to freeze-dried the fruit. When done properly Acai can be turned into a powder that has all the nutritional power of fresh Acai.

This powder can be inserted in capsules as a supplement or sold as just a powder. This powder can be use to mix with a drink or sprinkle over your favorite food.

There are other methods of making powder such as spray drying, but do not buy from companies who use this technique.

The products that are spray-dried are considered poor and in lower in potency.

We learned very quickly that the vast majority of Acai powders on the market is not legitimate and has very LOW quality in antioxidant effects. We found a site http://www.acaiberrieswheretobuy.com - where you can buy high quality acai berry. Good luck!!

Source(s):

http://www.acaiberrieswheretobuy.com/

Acai berry as a weight loss medicine is a scam. They're just berries. They won't help in the slightest.

• izzy

You would be better advised to buy blueberries in your local shops. they are fresher and have more antioxidants.

Antioxidants are beneficial but will do nothing to aid weight loss.

evidence is anecdotal, the pictures online are doctored by Photoshop.

For heaven's sake do not buy from a website. You will be locked into a monthly payment. People have had to close accounts, cancel cards. Look up acai abd scam.

Just read this...

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200...

Costco carries an acai/blueberry juice.

Yup, "eat cheese" is correct. Acai is a monster scam and they are not even all that nutritious. There are acai scams all over the internet, and not one shred of science to support any of the miracle claims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acai

Grating lemon zest in food could stop the encourage to snack. According to The particular Journal of Nutrition, fibrous pectin in lemon peel can become a sticky gel in the stomach which stops you taking in sugar quickly.

Cold showers: They not only burn 500 extra calories each day, studies from The New England Journal of Medicine cite that the icy water also activates ‘brown fat’ – the excellent type of body fat which creates body heat, increases metabolic process and burns off naughty white-colored fat.

Acquire smaller plates. Little crockery means portion control is much easier – those diminutive servings suddenly look huge and you’ll be happier to use less.

Go bland. Plain, easy, unseasoned food such as barbequed chicken, plain rice and a nude baked potato are nutritious however your palette will tire of these individuals quickly, unlike salty moreish highly processed food, which keeps you snacking and piling around the pounds.