Can you tell me what insect this is?

Youtube thumbnail

It's body is about 4 mm and has a tail of 2 mm. It was found in the sugar bowl.

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

    This insect is called a Carpet Beetle larva. They often infest house (including mine) and eat just about anything and everything, from your old pair of jeans to the bugs in your insect collection. Here's a site on identification and control:

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Not sure what it's called, but it turns into a small beetle and it's a pest in the house. It eats cotton. I've found them eating stuffed animals and bed sheets and the cotton heads on a set of drumsticks. Very annoying creature. I've seen them in Missouri and Illinois.

  • 1 decade ago

    It looks like some sort of beetle larvae. Google beetles that eat sugar you might get somewhere...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.