Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

As this decade is coming to an end...?

Let's reflect on how the 00's were -- for music.

BQ - Overall, how do you think the 00's did music wise?

BQ2 - Did they do well compared to the 90's? 80's? 70's? 60's?

BQ3 - Favorite five albums from 00's?

BQ4 - What do you think this decade will be remembered for 10 years from now (e.g. 90's = Grunge/Alternative)

BQ5 - Any last words for the 00's?

• Stuie

BQ: we saw a little bit of this in the 90's but in the 00's music definitely shifted from mainstream to underground. I don't think the music itself was necessarily bad though.

BQ2: I personally think there have been a lot of great stuff in each decade although I tend to lean towards the 90's and 00's more.

BQ3: One answer per band.

1. My Morning Jacket - Z

2. The Verve - Fourth

3. The Shins - Oh Inverted World

4. Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha

5. Brett Dennen - Hope for The Hopeless

BQ4: Indie Rock and the gap of quality music widening between mainstream and underground.

• Lomas

BQ - I think the 00's were fine overall but not if you take into account what was popular or mainstream, going by that the 00's were a complete disaster and by the mainstream music has been since post grunge/boy bands/nu metal became popular back around 97 or so.

BQ2 - that will be tough to gauge I think the 70s and 90s have it beat, 80s it may be comparable to though and 60s i don't really like besides the late 60s. based on mainstream music it is by far the worst decade out of those though.

BQ3 - this is always tough

Immolation - Unholy Cult

Opeth - Blackwater Park

Enslaved - Isa

Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors

Emperor - Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire & Demise

the 2000s were pretty great for metal, rock they were absolutely terrible for.

BQ4- hmm it wont be remembered too favorably I don't think, the mainstream music will be remembered as being very weak but people will probably think of emo/posthardcore/metalcore, pop-punk, post grunge type modern rock(nickelback, papa roach and all that) nu metal and rap the use of autotune, disney pop groups etc.. not really great things to be remembered for. music fans will remember the great underground releases.

BQ5 - I hope the next decade the mainstream gets a lot better and the underground remains awesome.

Absolutely awful. No other way to describe it.

BQ: Terribly

BQ2: Far worse than all of them (even the 80s brought a few great bands)

BQ3:

Manic Street Preachers - Journal for Plague Lovers

U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Muse - Origin of Symmetry

AC/DC - Black Ice

Oasis - Heathen Chemistry

BQ4: Emo

BQ5: Good riddance

BQ: for the exception of a couple bands, Municipal Waste, Airbourne, and Dethklok, i find this decade unacceptable.

BQ2: This has been the worst decade for music in at least 100 years.

BQ3: N/A

BQ4: emo, techno rap, hip-hop, pop

BQ5: **** THE 00's!

BQ - Mainstream = Utter ******* ****!! Never been worse. Indie = Decent. But indie is starting to become crap as well these days.

BQ2 - Eff no!

BQ3 - Not much of an album person

BQ4 - **** music, **** state of the world (Bush anyone?)

BQ5 - Piss off.

And yes, I'm angry today.

1 - alright

2 - ^ same

3 - Fleet Foxes (artist and album name), Pearl Jam(artist and album name), Perfect Symmetry - Keane, X&Y - Coldplay, and In Between Dreams - Jack Johnson (sorry most of my music is old, so I just chose albums that I actually listen to all the way through)

4 - probably crappy pop with techno. crap mixed in

5 - sayonara