Should Rafa go? Is Lucas the worst player ever? Here's my answers...?

1) Should Rafa go?

Why? What will that accomplish? I'll tell you - Rafa will spend the next decade enjoying wealth and success at a host of European giants, while we appoint a new manager who will embark on an exciting rebuild of the club...until five years down the line, when still no league title has been won, fans will grow tired of waiting and demand him to be fired. This process will be repeated until we go another 20 years without a league title. Rafa has improved us year upon year and, contrary to popular belief, has done it with little finance - £7m net expenditure every year on average. That's peanuts. One spell of poor form doesn't erase all that he has done for us.

2) Are Lucas, Voronin and N'Gog the worst players ever?

What are you basing that on? Perceptions. Myths. Scapegoats. Lucas has been excellent recently, Voronin has hardly spent five minutes on the pitch, and what on earth has N'Gog done wrong? Before the match against Lyon he had scored the equivalent of a goal every 63 minutes this season. Using players like this to make accusations of a weak squad actually makes the accusations themselves weak.

What do you think? I know most of you will dismiss my arguments as petty and useless, but I think they hold weight.

Favorite Answer

As a Manchester United fan I think Agent Rafa is a wonderful manager and can't understand why people what to see him go, the longer he is at Anfield the better in my opinion.

As for Lucas ,Voronin, N'Gog...class players, I have to admit that I rarely watch Liverpool play on TV but whenever I see those three on the field it brings a smile to my face ,one can only hope that Rafa continues to look for and finds talent like those three...infact the idea of a team full of similar skilled players plying their trade at Anfield fills me with joy.

So good luck Agent Rafa I salute you.

• J

I don't think it's a good move to sack Rafa because as much as liverpool fans would like to believe that he is to blame, he is not.

But i think it is the right thing to do.

It is obvious that nothing is working at the club and i think everything should be scrapped. New manager, New board and New team.

Liverpool has no plan B.

What happens when Gerrard and Torres are unfit?

They lose! Because they play as a two man team and rely on Gerrard and Torres to get them out of trouble.

I am a true Man Utd fan and as much as i hate to admit it, i feel sorry for LFC fans. Liverpool should be a successful side and should be able to be title contenders every year. The fans deserve more.

LFC need a saviour,

In the 80's LFC were the best and Man Utd were struggling, they had a Manager called Alex Ferguson that went for 4 years without winning anything. Just before he was about to be sacked he built a new team and Man Utd won the F.A cup and started to compete with the best and replaced LFC as the top club in England.

I think liverpool need a new manager who will build a new team and regain the confidence that once lived in Liverpool F.C

If something is broken you can repair it, but it's better to replace it!

As for Voronin, Lucas and N'Gog...I think it's extremely unfair to blame these 3 for the failure of LFC. they are playing for a team that is in a very bad way and can't be expected to save liverpool. I think that they are playing well they are just not playing in a well put together team.

• Delboy

Every time you post a question or an opinion you do so eloquently and passionately .

I could never fault you for that .

However , you and I have never seen eye to eye when it comes to Liverpool and while you raise some valid points I still disagree with you on the fundamentals .

My biggest problem with Rafa has and always will be the money that he has wasted in the transfer market .

As I think I said to you before , take a list of all of his signings , now seperate them into two groups , successes and failures and you may see my point .

We find ourselves in a situation now where Torres is injured and we have no proper back up for him .

Keane would have done nicely .

Last year our record against the big guns was exceptional , that gave us a platform to push on and win the title and Rafa blew it .

Keane scores a cracker against Arsenal and is dropped the following week against Newcastle .

A week later we play Stoke and he leaves both Torres and Keane on the bench .

In my opinion , in the five years that Rafa has been at the helm , he has not made the progress of the early promise and , again , in my opinion he will never win the league at Anfield .

i agree with you. Rafa should stay and lucas and n'gog do look much better than last season. About voronin though just don't think he will be good enough in the PL, but if u see his videos when he was in germany he was amazing and you can see why rafa bought him back thinking he had cover for torres.

• ?

1) I couldn't agree with you more. Rafa will go onto success at any major European team that gives him the true backing he has never received at Liverpool.

2) Here's where I disagree with you. I think that Veronin, Lucas and N'Gog look decent players, but good enough to win Liverpool the league? I think not. However, refer again to my first answer. If Rafa had the full backing of the owners, he would have bought the players he REALLY wanted (David Villa?) and would have won Liverpool the league title they crave by now. Instead he has to trawl the bargain basement for most of his squad.

1. You have a point about Rafa, it will be really hard to find a coach of his qualities but sometimes a change is a good thing, Rafa is great tactician but very bad when it comes to buying the right players, he is not buying bad players, he is just buying wrong players..... Voronin, Babel, Lucas are just some of them and how can we forget Keane, I still think that was just good old money laundering between two clubs that had nothing to do with football but any way...... the question is not if Rafa is good coach but if he is STILL the right coach for league title hungry Liverpool!?!?!? Same thing was in Barca, Rijkaard didn't go because he was bad coach but because he wasn't the right man for the job anymore.

2. As I said, not bad just not the right players.....

Nope Dossena

no one has said n'gog is bad, but lucas and voronin are.... i mean voronin missed alot of chances aganist lyon and lucas has played good so far but i bet u think alex song sucks too huh.... i mean its a preseption because he played horrible last year

Did you know that Y!A was created for you to ask questions and get answers?

Lucas is not the worst plyer ever, it pascal Sygan

agree with most of that but voronin is terrible. i'd rather see the likes of nemeth and pacheco given a few minutes on the pitch.