Your first time at a gay bar! What was it like?

I was on holiday in Barcelona over the weekend and went to an awesome gay bar with my friends! I loved everything about it BUT my only dislike was that there were a lot of straight people there hooking up too... i love my heteros, but come on... theres a million other places you can do that stuff..... it just makes it harder to know whos gay and whos not u know! what you think?????

and sorry i meant to say gay club! not gay bar. lol.

Favorite Answer

I've only ever been once and that's because I didn't know it was a gay bar. They're really not my scene. I go to clubs to get drunk, have a good time and dance to good, non-stereotypical music. I find it a bit conformist to go to a gay bar just because you're gay, besides, there's a lot of gays that go to normal clubs anyway.

• My first time was fairly anti-climactic.

I went to a bar about an hour from where I live, since it was like the ONLY gay bar in all of the southern part of my state. It was actually 2 bars, one side was a kind of mellow wine bar, and the other side was the whole drag show/disco lights type bar scene. So I decided to go to the mellow bar side (that's the kind of person I am). I got there WAY early, at like 8pm, and there was no one there..lol.

I acted like I was meeting someone there, and talked to the bartender for a bit. Then I acted like the person I was supposed to meet just didn't show, and I left. That was pretty much it.

I started dating this girl who was shocked that I'd never been to a drag show. She brought me on a date to my first gay bar to watch the drag show that night. I had an amazing time there! Now I go alot.

It's true that there are lots of straight people that like to hang out at gay bars, but I don't have a problem with it. By going there, I think they know there's a large chance that someone is going to mistake them for gay and hit on them, so it's not that big of a deal if it happens. I think they just feel comfortable there because gay people are so friendly and accepting. I mean, come on, who wouldn't want to hang out with us, right? :)

I agree, there are a lot of straights at the gay club I always go to. It's fine with me, but like you said you don't know who is straight and who isn't so it's harder for me to be brave enough to start talking to someone. Because not only is it embarrassing for them but when you find out they're straight it's embarrassing for you too!

I love the club, I love the music and I love the people! It's great.

My first time was an awful long time ago. In that long-ago era, there were virtually no lesbian places (there were more that were just for men, and a few mixed) and I went to the virtually-one-and-only in London. I was fascinated and appalled in about equal measure. The woman I went with (my first lesbian lover) had been there a lot and cued me in to all the codes but I was terrified I'd get something wrong, so I sat on the sidelines and watched surreptitiously.

Over the few years after that, things changed dramatically and I went to loads of places and it all got a lot more relaxed......

• waggy

My first time in a gay bar..... I was underage and over confident. It was a great bar, in the sense it was on two levels, set right next to a canal and the hottest men used to go there. At least that's what I thought. I was really nervous, a bit like a kid in a sweetie shop, yet not able to quite make his mind up what he wanted to select. I remember being out with my friend and this guy came up to me and said he could see I was not used to places like this! There was this drag queen who was doing a karoke and he wanted me to get up on stage and sing with him!

Yes, the amount of Hen Nights and women who think it's cool to dance there as "gays are fun" disgusted me.

The first time I went was with my best friend who made me, I wasn't admitting I was gay and took 3 women as a human shield.

I was hoping they wouldn't let me in as I looked too straight, they did let me in. :(

I thought it was terrifying, but once inside it was actually ok. I had a preconcieved idea that gays were all going to be leather clad or transvestites. Mainly they looked like hairdressers.

The music sucked.

It was a private club and I was supposed to meet someone there who was a member and would sign me in. He was late so I hung out with the bouncer for a few minutes before he just let me in. It was winter, he trusted me. Once inside and my eyes adjusted to the dim light I made my way to the bar. The place was hopping. The bartender came over and asked if I was new here, I said yeah, and then he gave me a big kiss and a free beer. Which lead to this bartender going to the other end of the bar, pointing at me and talking to guys, who then came over and talked to me, bought me a drink, introduced themselves, and so on. I thought to myself, "Well, isn't this a friendly place" and soon I was surrounded. That's when my friend finally showed up and ambled over to me. He looks at me and the guys around me and shouts out, "You don't waste any time, do you?" Then he starts talking to the guys because I guess he knew them, then we went to a table in the corner and just sat. I was like, "Bye guys, thanks for the fun"

And that's how it all started.

As a gay guy those days back from Egypt, permit me supply you the information. the present bevy repression of all human beings one in Egypt is particularly obtrusive. Strait or gay, you dare not step out of line simply by fact the recent armed forces dictatorship instruments itself in place. In public all human beings is jolter than thou. yet in basic terms underground each thing is accessible. very just about any Egyptian guy could be had, particularly in case you throw in some money. you in uncomplicated terms would desire to love a rustic the place the ladies risk-free all locked away and the adult males are desperate for any action...particularly while you're white. In cairo i replaced into provided 50% off in a clothing keep if i could step into the changing room with the clerk and allow him see my white ***. At a cutting-edge keep in the Hilton the supervisor locked the door and took me in the back room for intercourse, after some smiles and flirtatious eye touch. regardless of the very incontrovertible fact that gay bars are actually not open, you in uncomplicated terms decide on any of the popular 'hook up ' apps on your clever telephone. then you definitely would be crushed my egyptian adult males attempting to connect, the two for intercourse and socializing. keeping to the clever telephone apps displays out the trash, simply by fact the telephones are costly there. speaking to the community gays via those apps will additionally grant the maximum popular information on the place/if there is something happening socially. Sharm is a party city and quite some Arabs come from extra repressive dictatorships like Saudi, to drink and get laid. in the adventure that your chum needs intercourse it truly is accessible everywhere from Feluca captains, taxi drivers, and extremely just about any guy. For carry close out places a sprint extra attempt and chatting will permit him comprehend the lay of the land.

I was 17. I was in my 1st year of college, there was a gay bar in town that was very popular. I went with some friends and they got me in, the bouncer was really cool. He looked out for me the whole night.

I didn't drink or anything, I just danced and danced and danced with my friends. It was one of the most memorable nights of my life.