Gay men [preferably over 35] -- Do you feel your age?

I'm 47, and still feel like I'm 25. It's not that I act juvenile, but I also lack the hyper-seriousness that many of my peers have. I'm capable of being quite grounded and serious when needed, but I also have a strong sense of humor and like goofy things at times. Though I've never had... show more I'm 47, and still feel like I'm 25. It's not that I act juvenile, but I also lack the hyper-seriousness that many of my peers have.

I'm capable of being quite grounded and serious when needed, but I also have a strong sense of humor and like goofy things at times.

Though I've never had someone actually criticize me for not acting like a middle-aged man 7/24, I've had a few people kind of intimate just that with a pointed comment, such as a colleague the other day who said, "My, I had no idea that grown men are capable of enjoying Spongebob Squarepants."

Again, though I have a youthful outlook on life, I don't run around like a flighty 25-year-old trying to APPEAR like I'm 25. That would be ridiculous -- and I know that there are men my age who DO those kind of embarrassing things in a desperate attempt to hold on to their youth.

I find it odd -- and a little sad -- that people feel that everyone is supposed to follow a set template as they progress through life -- and evidently, at 47 I'm supposed to be acting like a humorless investment banker.

By the way, I work in the arts and therefore have colleagues spanning numerous decades, and younger colleagues love that I have both wisdom/experience AND a ton of vitality.

Oh, and I think I'm blessed, being a gay man, to have never bought into that whole crock of horse manure about gay men being worthy only when they're in their 20s. So perhaps my lack of fear about growing older has freed me from looking upon each birthday with dread.

Anyway, am I the only one who feels younger than what the calender claims is my age?