Why is Glenn Beck now silent about the proposed Net Neutrality guidelines?

He spent three days leading up to the FCC's publishing its proposed Net Neutrality guidelines wailing about the loss of free speech. He promised to devote a whole show to the guidelines on the Thursday they were to be published. What happened? that Thursday came around and Beck was off on another supposed Obama outrage. Is Beck so attention deficit that he can't follow through on this allegedly tyrannical assault on internet free speech? Or was it so obvious a case of unsupported histrionics that he just decided to shove it under the rug?

Update:

JP - Thank you. Trust me, even if we were limited to just fact-based complaints I could still fill a phone book with objections to Glenn Beck.

Hope you have a good day.

Update 2:

Lotus - I did watch today;s show. He did make 2 vague mentions of Obama assaulting the Internet but not the in-depth expose of the proposed NN guidelines as promised. He was so worked up about them in particular last week. Now- not so much.

Update 3:

Big One - The government has *always* had a hand in electronic media content. Do the Seven Dirty Words ring a bell? But the Net Neutrality guidelines make no attempt to control internet content. You should actually read them.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In case you are unaware there is more than one event occurring on planet Earth at the same time. If he was still focused on that issue he would be criticized for that as well I am sure. He is also a "big picture" kind of person.

Source(s): Unlike many of his critics I actually listen to his show on the radio.
  • 1 decade ago

He's too busy exposing the democrat traitor white house "czars" and the other commie/socisalist/racist tools that empty suit Obongo has surrounded himself with... with video and audio quotes that "hoist them on their own petard". (that's an old English saying meaning cutting such a gigantic fart it raises the **** off the chair).. apt for these stinking democrat turds.. The danger of the "net neutrality" Goebbels play is far more transparent. It will be killed by acclimation by all but the most demoturd netizens.

• 3 years ago

on an identical time as you would be able to nicely be suitable in the form you're describing the "internet neutrality" act, the certainty keeps to be that the government fairly has no business enterprise being in contact with it. it is the previous foot interior the door argument. in case you enable even one infringement on the gadget that helps electorate to communicate freely then it is a techniques extra user-friendly to get the subsequent one. And the subsequent one. etc. on an identical time as what you assert is in all probability (even in all probability) suitable and not the present objective, the hassle-loose premise of the foot interior the door keeps to be sound. to boot, it is the different provisions interior the bill that are debatable. case in point it may enable the president to snatch administration of the internet for the time of situations of national emergency - beats me how they could achieve this yet there it is. and of course that "emergency" is defined via the president. are you able to declare despotism? think of of it this type, could you opt to have allowed Bush the authority to adhere his nostril into the internet? In any trend? i've got faith that the answer to that isn't in user-friendly terms "no" yet "hades no" to a great lots of people. and that they could be suitable. the probabilities for abuse from this act are merely too great to forget approximately approximately and could impression to many regulation abiding electorate and should no longer be interior the hand of ANY flesh presser from any occasion. So are they utilising hyperbole to drum up opposition. effective. Are they incorrect in how they're claiming the bill as written could have an impression? in all probability, a minimum of interior the quick term. yet they're commentators - no longer newsmen. And merely like politicians, they're under no criminal accountability to checklist the entire certainty. in certainty, merely like something of the main stream media - who do declare to be newsmen - they tell the certainty from their attitude. those 2 are merely portray a image of what the destiny could desire to look as though if this bill passes. And regrettably it is not a especially one.

• J P
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Stay tuned, Hippo. I'm sure his position hasn't changed as the so-called "Net Neutrality" is still a bad idea. I suspect that Beck will still address it in a future show.

And let me add kudos for raising an actual, fact-based issue in opposing Glenn Beck, as opposed to the generic personal attacks that seem to be so popular. We obviously disagree, but I applaud your issue-based approach to opposing him.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe the same thing happened that happened with Obamas transparency in government. No bill passed for 72 hours before being signed into law. That may be a larger issue.....ya think?

• 1 decade ago

Net Neutrality is meant to keep the internet from falling into the grubby hands of corporations who would treat the internet like satellite and cable companies treat television. They could package it up and sell chunks of content to you for a price and restrict your use if you don't pay up.

This would be a serious infringement on our freedoms all in the name of corporate greed and as usual, Republicans fully support it!

• 1 decade ago

yes he has generalized his criticisms about several things; from what I can tell some days are more specifically investigative while others are more about tonality, but he is probably no different in this regard than other pundits

• 1 decade ago

so what is your defense of the government interfering with the content of ANY media?

If you want to hold Glenn's feet to the fire, why don't you e-mail HIM?

• 1 decade ago

you must not have watched todays show.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Beck is a tool that subverts his chump audience to toe the coporate line.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.