PearApple asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Favre owns almost every career record (including INT). But do you rank him among the top 10 QB in NFL history?

Yes, he comes right after Joe Montana, Dan Marino and Peyton Manning and right before guys like Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman, John Elway and Roger Staubach.

I have a hard time including guys like Sammy Baugh, Johnny Unitas, Y.A. Tittle and Bart Starr because the NFL was so different when they were playing its just impossible to compare. Not saying that they're any better or worse than the guys I mentioned, its just hard to compare.

1. John Elway 2. Brett Favre 3. Joe Montana 4. Peyton Manning 5. Johnny Unitas 6. Dan Marino 7. Ryan Leaf 8. Bart Starr 9. Terry Bradshaw 10. Tom Brady

Yes he would be ranked among the top 10. If he wasn't as good as he is, they would have forced him to retire by now (even if he's pissing me off by leaving and rejoining). Hes very consistent on being a great QB and has made many clutch passes in the nick of time to save the game.

I'd rank him around #6 or 7 all time. Definately not top 5. Like u said, he owns the record for more interceptions and played much longer than most great QBs, thats y i wouldn't rank him top 5

• For sure- even if I hate to admit it because I feel like the Vikings get no credit (Adrian Peterson-HELLO!!!) because Favre is the only one discussed (usually) but he has remained one of the best QB's even through his Vicodin habit and injuries...so give it up for the man.

yep, if you look back at the stats from guys such as Joe Namath or Terry Bradshaw, you will be shocked at how many Int's they had thrown back in the day. There was a time when the only stats folks looked at were Wins and Losses.

I rate Favre as the greatest player in NFL history. You should be ashamed to even say "top 10". That's an insult!

Source(s): I also know who you are and that you are a Favre-hater. You did that on purpose to degrade him. The ONLY question acceptable is whether or not he is the best ever.

Yes, i do. In fact, I will go out on a limb and say hes in the top 5.

Yes. With as many years he has played, it shouldn't surprise anyone that he also has the interception record. Imagine how his career would have been if he wasn't forced to win games. Look at how great he has been with the Vikings at age 40.

Thumbs up to those who agree.

of course i rank him up there

hes an awesome qb the only flaw for him is his age lol