freya
Lv 4
freya asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Why does junk food make me feel ill?

i always have to eat healthy food, because whenever i eat cakes or any junk for 2 consecutive days i feel really sick and heady, and a couple of times i developed a fever and was really ill. how is this possible?? and why is this?? could it be due to my ibs, as i find it hard to digest fat.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

I think you are probably right as there is so much saturated fat, sugar and salt in all the junk foods which will upset your IBS.

I saw a programme on telly about a year ago and the girl in it had agreed to eat a very unhealthy diet for 2 weeks and by the end of it she was having all sorts of trouble with her bowels and lots of upset stomachs, headaches and generally feeling like you know what.

Her weight, cholesterol and blood pressure had all risen proving that kind of diet is definitely bad for your health.

This is probably why you have been feeling ill - best ot stick to your healthy food.

• 1 decade ago

You are just eating a concoction of chemicals, low grade fat, artificial colourings and flavorings, bulk of suspicious origins.

Nothing natural or nourishing at all.

They won`t put good or real food in junk food. It is all about just making it taste good and big profits.

• Carol
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Processed garbage "food product" is incompatible with a healthy, functioning human body. People who eat it regularly have conditioned their stomachs to accept sustenance that even most wild animals wouldn't touch; your good nutritional choices have conditioned your body to demand high-nutrition, natural, unprocessed foods - *real* foods, in other words.

• Emily
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

you're probably not used to it because you're always eating healthy. junk food often has stuff in it that you're really not supposed to consume at all and your body just has to develop a tolerance for it. because your body never did, when you do eat some junk food you're body is all like "what the hell is this crap? wax? are you on crack? never feed me this again"

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

High fat content.

High sugar content,

High salt content.

Eat that type of food for two days straight and anybody will feel ill...

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

the clue is in the name... it's Junk, contains very little that is good for you or in the way of nourishment, which is why you feel ill if you eat if for two consecutive days.

• 1 decade ago

Mabe because you:

Eat too much

Eat too fast

Or eat to much high fat foods.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.