Office XP and Windows 7 Compatibility?

Now that Windows 7 has finally arrived, theres something I've been wanting to find out for ages.

- Does Office XP work in Windows 7 ?

From what I can find out over the internet, Office 2003 seems to work in Windows 7 but I can't find out anything on whether the same can be said for Office XP.

Now I would test it out myself if I could but my hardware is pretty old and attempting to run Windows 7 on it would be hopeless.

Would anyone have the answer or would be able to test it out somehow ?

I have heard that new versions of Windows are always backward compatible with old versions of Office but that seems more like a myth than fact to me.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Cheers.

P.S. I have already checked the Windows 7 Compatibility Centre website - It can only tell me that Office 2003 and Office 2007 will work.

If not, I suppose the XP mode can do the trick but that might slow the computer down quite abit.

I have office XP installed on my windows 7 machine with no problem, the only slight issue that i had was that the office assistant doesn't work , but the help feature is still available in standard form.

Source(s): got it on my PC

XP compatibility mode on Windows 7 would be able to run it for sure. Xp compatibility mode runs quite smoothly too in my experience.

If your PC is old and cant run windows 7 correctly it doesnt matter which office version you use to be honest as it's still going to run poorly.

And just to say, my office XP version ran well on Vista after using a patch and windows 7 can run everything that vista can, and better.