What is "net neutrality"? The FCC is getting ready to consider new regulations for the internet.?

Have you heard the term "net neutrality"? I originally thought this was a good cause. I am now learning that the idea you get when you hear the term "net neutrality" of the internet being kept as the bastion of freedom of speech is actually the opposite goal of what the net neutrality people... show more Have you heard the term "net neutrality"?
I originally thought this was a good cause. I am now learning that the idea you get when you hear the term "net neutrality" of the internet being kept as the bastion of freedom of speech is actually the opposite goal of what the net neutrality people want to achieve.

Internet freedom being curtailed is now one of the highest priorities of the Obama administration and the other socialist at work in our great nation. Including the Josh Silver and the "net neutrality" crown

here is a link to jay Rockefeller speaking to an Obama administration official about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS4uJeMs0...
Update: The idea of keeping something like the internet neutral is contrary to the first amendment. people have a right to express dissent. Whether you or I agree with it or not. They still have the right to NOT be neutral.
Update 2: I get email updates from Josh Silver, and he is trying to raise millions of dollars to lobby the FCC to pass these neutrality regulations. this will redefine what is allowable on the internet and most likely much conservative speech will be outlawed. Contact the FCC and tell them, "say no to net... show more I get email updates from Josh Silver, and he is trying to raise millions of dollars to lobby the FCC to pass these neutrality regulations. this will redefine what is allowable on the internet and most likely much conservative speech will be outlawed. Contact the FCC and tell them, "say no to net neutrality."