Different routes to becoming a nursery nurse and a care worker?

Does any one know the different training routes to becoming a nursery nurse

and

a care worker?

and what are their advantages and disadvantages?

for health and social coursework so please help

3 Answers

Relevance
  • SB
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are many routes for nursery nursing - BTECs, NVQs, CACHEs are the main ones. You can study them from level one and work your way up.

Most nursery nurses hold a level 3 qualification.

While studying for their qualification, students are either apprentices and take the apprenticeship route (study the course & earn money at the same time), or students go to college/sixth form and usually study a 2 year full time course, working in several childcare settings.

As for care worker, I believe there is the BTEC in Health & Social care, and the NVQ in Care. Entry routes are, I believe, the same as becoming a practitioner. Some care workers are recruited by an agency with no qualifications, but the agency will train them to the required NVQ3 standard, so they are then qualified.

I will let you do the advantages & disadvantages yourself, but look into salary, how easy/difficult it is to get jobs, personal preference towards a certain career, pleasure of the job, etc etc.

Source(s): Early Years Practitioner. Pregnant with baby number 1.
  • nocera
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i desire to be attentive to how she controlled to income that qualification! I even have it, and it grow to be bloody annoying artwork, if she will't sit down in one area in the back of some bars for an afternoon without kicking in a replicate, how the heck does she positioned up with 20 screaming babies on a on a daily basis foundation???? i'm specific she is somewhat effective, yet she isn't somebody i think is to blame adequate to take care of babies.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

May be this site can help you http://mynursinghelp.com

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.