My mothers going to pass away ... Help?

I'm 21 years old, my mum has aggressive cancer and health has deteriorated severely in the last 48 hours. It seems likely she mightn't live much longer.. a day or 2 at best.

She wants to be around her family and she's no longer in hospital, my family and I are caring for her at home.

I have allot of trouble expressing myself and my emotions and the thought of having to say some 'last words' scares me to death. So does the thought of not saying them and living to regret it for ever.

I need some advice on maybe how I should handle this?

'Last words' scare me to death too! Just say what you think, and how it makes you feel in the end it will all come out right, trust me.

Very sad for your loss.

Take care

aww i just want to say i feel soo soo bad for you right now, BIG BIG BIG ((((HUGS))))

Im not sure what you can say but just express how much you truely love her and be there to comfort her,

I really dont think there is a need for 'last words' if you cant think of any.. really at this point is there a need for a speech? Just you being there would be great! (speaking from a mum's perspective)

I wouldnt be bringing up things that i regreted if i were you... but then if there was something you really HAD to say and she is still aware and responding i guess maybe if you felt that need.

But again im just so sorry for you i cant imagine what its like to lose your mum, (my mum had cancer but she beat it thank god!) And i am thankful every day that she did. OMG im sorry not trying to make you feel worse!

Im sure your mum knows by now that you find it hard to express yourself! She would understand just hold her hand and tell her you love her

Well honey relax right now take a deep breath, its ok (hugs) You are a strong person just for being able to write this, you will make it through this. You have to stay positive and pray. Show your mom you care by being there, holding her hand, she will feel your kind heart trust me. Its ok to cry and be scared these are normal feelings. If you can get the confidence to talk to her do so, tell her how you feel but if not just be there hold here hand sometimes your presence says it all. Good Luck honey and make sure you speak to your family and Friends or even your Doctor about any concerns you have. I will keep you in my payers.

I'm so sorry for your mom's cancer and for your suffering. I certainly agree with the prior writers. I'll add one thing which may help you deal with this horrific situation. You may want to go to a Grief Share meeting. I've put a link below. There are meeting all over the UK ("mum"). You'll meet people who have gone through the same terrible situation you're going through. They can provide support and help you get through it.

My heart goes out to you.

Source(s): www.griefshare.org/

I lost my mom when I was ten years old.I am fifty now and have tears in my heart for you. If I had the chance...maybe I'd say...it's ok, I know you need to go but I'll ache for you forever and I'll love you for who you made me become. Just say goodbye and what is in your heart...let her know her love mattered. Tell her she will be there in your heart and in your life always. She has shaped you into the person you are and will become. She will be part of you and the grandchildren you will teach them about.Close your eyes and imagine she's gone...what would you tell her if you had just one chance?

I feel very very sorry for you

and i know what losing some one feels like

just maybe try to relax and try to remeber all the great times u had with your mother

i hope a miracle happens

xox

take breaths and calm down.

you dont need to say any "last words", just express how much you care for her through your actions.

when you talk to her truly listen to what she is saying and

don' think of this as two days left, but think of the next days as 'extra time'. be optimistic, it may be hard but it is best.

You, after all, know your mother best. Ask yourself what you think she wants you to do.

I am truly sorry for you, your mother, and your family! :( Just spend as much time with her as you can. Hold her hands. Tell her how much she means to you. Say "I love you mom." Smile as much as possible, or at least try! Sorry but I can't help much :( Once again, I am truly sorry about this. I hope your mother will rest in peace <3

• Alex

you need to just realize you dont have much time, take an hour and write down all your thoughts, that way you can have like a cheat sheet when you talk to your mother you wont forget anything

i'm sorry for your loss

I'm sorry that your mom isn't doing well. My grandmother died earlier this year. Every time I visited her, I always made sure to tell her that I loved her. You don't have to make some elaborate speech. Just saying "I love you" will get your point across.