Advice on quitting Track?

I want to quit track. I started the try out practice conditionings this past monday october 12th 2009. my parents brought $40 sneakers for it the sunday before. the only reason why i did track was that my cousin who is the same age does it. my family kind of expected me to follow in her footsteps. im a... show more I want to quit track. I started the try out practice conditionings this past monday october 12th 2009. my parents brought $40 sneakers for it the sunday before.

the only reason why i did track was that my cousin who is the same age does it. my family kind of expected me to follow in her footsteps. im a sophomore in high school and this is my first ever organized sport ive ever tried to play. in the spring i plan on doing tennis.

i have some history of saying to my parents that im interested in something but the quit. i mean i feel like i have to try something first.

my question is: HOW CAN I TELL MY PARENTS THAT I DONT WANT TO DO TRACK ANYMORE WITHOUT THEM BEING MAD?
Update: To JB: screw you