Should I delay ttc for 2 months cos summer born babies do less well at school?

I'm 37 & have just managed to persuade DH to try for our 1st child after being on the Pill for 9 years. We've had no luck in the last 3 months although checking dates with my period, we probably only actually had a chance 1 month. If we conceive this month or next the baby would be born July or Aug.... show more I'm 37 & have just managed to persuade DH to try for our 1st child after being on the Pill for 9 years. We've had no luck in the last 3 months although checking dates with my period, we probably only actually had a chance 1 month.
If we conceive this month or next the baby would be born July or Aug. I've heard summer born babies don't do as well at school - is this true? Advice from teachers particularly welcome!!!
Should I delay and start ttc again in Dec for Sept???
(Obviously I'm aware that we've left things quite late but my biological clock only woke up a year ago...)