Transferring to University of Michigan's College of Engineering?

I am currently a first semester freshman at Purdue University in their first year engineering program. I am taking English, Chem, First year engineering seminar, and Calc I. I believe that I am going to get a B and the rest A's. I wanted to transfer to U of M's college of engineering next year but the requirements make it seem like that is impossible. Do you think that I will be able to get in and if so what should I do?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Ask at the college you want to go to. You will get much better advice from them than from Yahoo answers.

• 4 years ago

Both are ABET Accredited and BOTH schools have Engineering Technology programs to drop down into if needed. Have you visited each one? I really encourage a visit, talk to current students, and try to meet with an advisor regarding your credits transferring. Both WMU and MTech have professors who speak English as a second language - very common at most any engineering program. I know that at WMU, most students in engineering have job offers prior to graduation. Civil Engineering is on the rise in terms of job opportunities, so I don't expect you will have a problem getting a job from either school. Get involved - both programs host ASCE student organizations that compete in concrete canoe and steel bridge competitions. Those are great experiences. Good luck!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.