Does anyone else think that it would be in the NHL's best interest to not place a team in Las Vegas?

I mean, really. A lot of players could get into financial trouble, fights, and all kinds of terrible stuff in Sin City. I understand that the first thing a team needs is corporate sponsorship, but what kind of company is going to sponsor a team? Playboy? Does anybody else think that it would be better to put a team... show more I mean, really. A lot of players could get into financial trouble, fights, and all kinds of terrible stuff in Sin City. I understand that the first thing a team needs is corporate sponsorship, but what kind of company is going to sponsor a team? Playboy? Does anybody else think that it would be better to put a team in a place like Seattle than to put one in Las Vegas?
Update: Laying Low- You give me all of these fantastic statistics, thinking that they're going to make me change my mind around or make me crawl into a hole. Well, they're not. If your city has an unemployment rate second only to DETROIT'S, an NHL team has no business being there. Also, Las Vegas has a TON of... show more Laying Low- You give me all of these fantastic statistics, thinking that they're going to make me change my mind around or make me crawl into a hole. Well, they're not. If your city has an unemployment rate second only to DETROIT'S, an NHL team has no business being there. Also, Las Vegas has a TON of crime problems. You can whine all you want about how Detroit has high crime rates too, but that team's not going anywhere.

And you don't have any right to call me a bandwagoner. Do you have YOUR head in the ground that deep to think that every Penguins fan is a bandwagoner? My family's been following the Pens ever since the NHL expanded to Pittsburgh in 1967.

I hope that the NHL never does move to Las Vegas, just for your sake. Maybe then you'll learn your lesson.
Update 2: Can you barely read? I mentioned unemployment above, and I know that you didn't include crime rates in your little rant. So you can end your moot point of an argument now. And you think that I'm unintelligent, huh? Again, trying to take a stab at me when you don't know a thing about me. I got a full... show more Can you barely read? I mentioned unemployment above, and I know that you didn't include crime rates in your little rant. So you can end your moot point of an argument now.

And you think that I'm unintelligent, huh? Again, trying to take a stab at me when you don't know a thing about me. I got a full academic scholarship to the University of Pittsburgh, and I was accepted to 2 Ivy League schools.
Update 3: Moose- Where did I ever say that Detroit doesn't deserve to have a team? Where did I ever say that ANY city doesn't deserve to have a team? Sure Vegas isn't the best place on earth to have a team, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't deserve one as much as any other city that... show more Moose- Where did I ever say that Detroit doesn't deserve to have a team? Where did I ever say that ANY city doesn't deserve to have a team? Sure Vegas isn't the best place on earth to have a team, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't deserve one as much as any other city that doesn't.

And for those who are saying that I'm lying about being accepted into 2 Ivy League schools, well, you can go on believing that. I can't change the minds of people who won't accept reality.
Update 4: Erica- No, no, no. I said that it would be best for the NHL not to have a team there, not that they didn't deserve it. If I didn't think that they didn't deserve one, I would come right out and say it.