Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 decade ago

Do You Think The Apollo 11 1969 Moon Landing Was Real?

Do You Think NASA Pulled Off The Greatest Hoax Of All Time? Why Or Why Not?

Update:

People, I Was Born 26 Years After This Happened. I Am Just Wanting To Know If The People Remembering Watching It Thought If It Was Real Or Fake.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • GeoffG
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

It was real.

The six Apollo Moon landings are among the best documented events in human history: thousands of pictures, hours of video, nearly half a ton of Moon rocks, and millions of eye witnesses, including myself. There is not a single scientist in the world who doubts that they took place. To deny them is to discredit the magnificent achievement of the team which went to the Moon, and to reveal abysmal scientific ignorance.

The proofs of the Moon landings have been documented in detail on web sites like these:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

http://www.braeunig.us/space/hoax.htm

http://www.clavius.org/

If further proof is needed, NASA recently released images from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter showing 5 of the 6 Apollo landers, still on the surface of the Moon:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/l...

• 4 years ago

Even though you are most likely just another miserable troll, since everything you said is wrong. Unfortunately, some of the answers correcting your many errors also contain some errors. My dad was an engineer with Rocketdyne and helped develop the J-2 engine that powered the upper two stages of the Saturn V moon rocket, and I followed the program very closely, so I am very familiar with all of the areas he dealt with. Here we go: Who or what captured photographs of the moon landing if everyone was aboard Apollo 11? NOBODY PHOTOGRAPHED THE LANDING FROM THE MOON, THERE WAS A FILM MOVIE CAMERA MOUNTED INSIDE ONE OF THE LUNAR MODULE WINDOWS THAT SHOWED THE VIEW FROM INSIDE LOOKING DOWN AT THE LUNAR SURFACE AS THEY LANDED. THIS SAME CAMERA ALSO RECORDED ARMSTRONG DESCENDING THE LADDER AND TAKING HIS FIRST STEPS ON THE MOON. AS HE DESCENDED THE LADDER, HE PULLED A HANDLE THAT DEPLOYED A PLATFORM CALLED THE Modularized Equipment Stowage Assembly (MESA), WHICH INCLUDED A BLACK AND WHITE TELEVISION CAMERA THAT RETURNED THOSE VIEWS OF ARMSTRONG STEPPING DOWN ONTO THE MOON THAT WE WATCHED THAT NIGHT. THE CAMERA WAS LATER REMOVED FROM THE MESA AND SET UP ON A TRIPOD, GIVING US VIEWS OF THE LUNAR MODULE AND THE ASTRONAUTS ACTIVITIES. During the landing of Apollo 11 on the moon July 20, 1969, there were photographs taken of the moon landing as the Apollo 11 touched down on the surface of the moon. My question is who or what took those photographs of Apollo 11 touching down on the surface of the moon if Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin were aboard Apollo 11? Did they have a crew that already arrived on the moon before them? SEE MY FIRST ANSWER. NO SUCH PICTURES EXIST, OUTSIDE OF COMPUTER SIMULATIONS. If a camera was already on the lunar surface, what kept it from floating away? THE MOON HAS 1/6 OF THE EARTH'S GRAVITY, SO IT WOULD NOT HAVE FLOATED AWAY. How was the camera able to capture the moon landing if the moon is supposedly dark? THEY NEVER LANDED IN DARKNESS, THERE ACTUALLY WERE FAIRLY RIGID REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SUN ANGLE, TO INSURE THAT THERE WAS ADEQUATE ILLUMINATION FOR THE CREW TO PERFORM THE LANDING, AND AT THE SAME TIME THE SUN ANGLE WAS LOW ENOUGH TO GIVE SUFFICIENT SHADOWS THAT SURFACE FEATURES SUCH AS ROCKS AND CRATERS WERE EASILY VISIBLE. There are too many inconsistencies about the moon landing that don't make much sense. THERE ARE NO INCONSISTENCIES, JUST YOUR MONUMENTAL IGNORANCE. See the attached links for more information on these areas. General note to all: PLEASE look some of this stuff up before you blast a stupid question out here on yahoo. Remember, it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

• Gnomon
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes, the moon landings were real. There is nothing to suggest that they were a hoax.

Personally I don't believe NASA had the technology to pull off such a hoax. They easiest way was to go to the moon.

• 1 decade ago

I don't believe the 1960s' really happened, I think the whole decade was made up by a few TV producers in 1973.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

So did they also hoax all the other moon landings as well?

Yes, there was more than one of them!

• 1 decade ago

Yes is the answer. For one there is no credible proof otherwise. Furthermore probes and lunar orbiters have taken pictures of the landing site, which you can see under http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/l...

• 1 decade ago

Why You Have To Capitalize The First Letter For All Your Words?? It's Kind Of Annoying

Yes it is real

• Silent
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Of course it was real. Millions of people watched this happen. There is no credible evidence otherwise.

• 1 decade ago

It's real until it is proven fake. And right now, no one has proven it to be fake. Conspiracy theories are not evidence.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.