Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Do you find mobile phones/cell phones annoying?

I see how they are handy, but i can't help but see them as an invasion of privacy. Anyone else?

Favorite Answer

Some times I feel like, Ugh, I don't want people to be able to get a hold of me all the time.

• Millie

Maybe it's because people use to call me at the worst times, I hate phones. I have a phone because I don't have another choice, but most of the time is off.

Regarding the invasion of privacy, it's quite hilarious how people were all fired up against wiretapping but most go around in public talking about all kind of private topics on their cell phones.

The only time they really annoy me is when people leave their ringers on or answer them at inappropriate times. Like when you are in class at school, in a movie theater or other such event like a play or ballet, etc. When you are attending a lecture given by a speaker, during meetings, or when you are having a conversation with somebody. or when you are paying someone for their time or services and they are yapping on their cell phone on your dollar! I also work in retail, so I hate it when people are talking on their phones when checking out, it makes it to where they are not paying attention so it slows the line down for everyone else. Also when people are texting or talking while driving, you can't pay as good of attention to the road and you start driving all crazy, there are articles about scientific research done on the topic proving that your brain is not fully engaged in the task of driving while using your cell phone. Other than that, I think they are great. I defiantly think their should be like some etiquette rules for them though!

annoying, yes. especially in public with loud speaking people on the phone with others like-minded. Why do they all think we CARE about their lives or escapades???? Invasion of my privacy occurs whenever someone near me HAS to answer and take the call regardless of the reason. Has no one have any manners anymore??

• Pamela

The previous answer suggesting a holding box, wouldn't be a good counterpoint, because the cellphones would be very easily stolen. It'd be like leaving your iPod in the lunchroom. Kids who stay after school need to be picked up After school, you need to call or text friends back and forth to see where to meet up if you need a ride If kids go on overnight field trips, would they then not be allowed to carry their cell phones?

Well I used to....

Ever since buying the iPhone, I have realized that there is not any more room in my pockets for any other cell or mobile phone.

The ease of use and the 1000s of apps make it alot more than a cell phone.

Anything you could almost dream of something that small doing, it can do it.

No, basically mobile phones can be sometimes annoying, but I don't see how they can invade your privacy. Imagine life without mobile phones!

You'll change your mind when you buy a very cool phone.

i find them annoying but i don't see how the are an invasion of privacy

Hmm. I would never find my Iphone annoying,,not in 100 years! Its the best gadget I have now and I think without these mobile devices I cant ever survive.

No they are handy & could be life saving. I dont think theyre annoying at all