Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

What should we name our dog?

Our cat Jasper died a few days ago =( The kids were heartbroken but now they can finally get a dog! So we're getting a yorkshire terrier unless do you think we should get a different breed? What should we name it it's a boy! We're thinking Tarzan any other ideas?

Thnx!

Update:

Kids aren't that young 16, 14, 6 and pregnant Liam (6 year old) is very good with animals and went to an animal camp!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

A yorkie is a high maintenance dig. Monthly grooming's and quality foods are a must. Its really not a dog for kids. They can be very fragile. Yorkies are very cute and loving but not the best idea for kids at all. They can be difficult to housetrain and makes LOTS of noise when someone comes home or knocks on the door etc. They demand lots of attention. I have 2 and love them with all my heart...but they're not to be taken lightly. They're lots of work.

Why not go to your local shelter and rescue a wonderfully grateful dog from there? I hope I helped a little. and my yorkies are named Harley and Angel

• Mary
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Piglet is fine if that is what you like, many people may associate the name and the tail with a pig, and may make derogatory comments, but she is your precious baby doll, give her a name worthy of a compliment. She has been through a lot most likely to even be at a rescue.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Serious or silly, evocative or ironic--whatever you decide to christen your dog, it better be something you're comfortable both printing on veterinary forms as well as yelling at the top of your lungs from the other side of the park.

here are some lists of good dog names http://dogtime.com/dog-names.html

• 1 decade ago

you might want to make sure your kids wont be too rough with a yourkie they are very fragile and rough play can seriously injure them. some great dogs are carin terriers they are great dogs i had one but she died over the summer she was a really great dog she was great dog the perfect size too she weighed about 15 pounds and got along with everyone she was really playful and never too rough she was really easy to train too hope this helps

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • gel
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

hi,

Serious or silly, evocative or ironic--whatever you decide to christen your dog, it better be something you're comfortable both printing on veterinary forms as well as yelling at the top of your lungs from the other side of the park.

here are some choices:

http://dogtime.com/dog-names.html

hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

Name him something that he is the oposite of. Like he is a small dog, name him "chopper" or something tough.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You could name it Skittles, Mint, Nemo, Fluff, stuff like that!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well thats not a very good name(no offense) i think you should go with something more like emmett or mabye jacob. you could also go with something like sam(sorry im a twilight fan) heres something non twilight related you could go with peanut.

:p

• 4 years ago

Does he bite a lot ? Maybe Chomper?

• 1 decade ago

Nico!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.