Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Have you too lost faith in the "president" THE 0bama over the fiasco of the Olympic pitch that should have?

been in the bag ?

Losing Faith in the Commander in Chief

Jennifer Rubin - 10.02.2009 - 6:15 AM

The latest Fox News/Opinion Dymanic poll is chock-full of bad news for the president. But on foreign policy, the results are nothing short of stunning. On who they trust more to decide the next steps in Afghanistan. 66 percent say military commanders, while only 20 percent say the president. Even Democrats have more faith in the military commanders (by a 45 to 37 percent margin). On Iran, 69 percent say Obama has not been tough enough, including 55 percent of Democrats. Sixty-one percent favor a U.S. military action, if needed, to keep Iran from getting nuclear weapons. Fifty-one percent think Obama apologizes for American too much.

Less than a year into his presidency, this is a remarkable and widespread loss of confidence in the president’s handling of national security. This should actually come as no surprise. Neither his rhetoric or his decision-making to date has projected strength. He spent months arguing that we should close Guantanamo and dump the terrorists into the U.S. or into other countries. The voters disagreed. He dithers on Afghanistan, and the voters no longer see him as the best person to set our course. He sends video valentines to the mullahs, delighting in the notion that we can talk them out of their nukes, and waits for Russia and China to climb onto the Obama bandwagon (or Israel to do the dirty work for us). And Americans overwhelmingly see his performance as weak.

In short, Obama has already achieved what it took Jimmy Carter an entire term to attain: the conviction of a large majority of the American people that he is not protecting our interests or performing adequately as commander in chief. He can either stiffen his resolve to confront America’s foes or continue his decline. World events are unlikely to help him–they will only highlight his shoddy performance as our adversaries, seeing exactly what Americans do, begin to test and challenge the U.S. at every turn.

Joe Biden had a single correct insight during the campaign about foreign policy: Obama’s mettle would be tested, and “it’s not going to be apparent that’s we’re right.” For once Biden has proved to be the master of understatement.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/blogs/index.php/...

2016 Olympic Games

Barack Hussein Obama

Mm, mmm, mm!

Doveasss - in as much as you do not allow people to write you directly, I'll do it in the open:

"What do you people expect a miracle? This man inherited a disaster that needs time and patience to clean up. There are people out there who are marking him a failure before he even begins. I have not lost faith in him, he was not the only one that lost."

Melvin Udall: Where do they teach you to talk like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

2016 Olympic Games

Barack Hussein Obama

Mm, mmm, mm!

No, but only because I never had any faith in our president. Now, I am just plain disgusted, as well as embarrassed, with our inexperienced, empty suit, who has a very over inflated image of himself. Hopefully, his losing the Olympics for Chicago will take him down a peg or two.

To my knowledge this is the first thing that he has followed through on and it simply was not part of his job description. He needs to stop taking vacations and doing what he wants. Instead, he needs to finish one thing that he starts, atop spending our money on fuel for vacations and pork, stop being a guest on talk shows to promote the 2012 election, get involved with the decisions in Afghanistan (especially since he so promoted this war), stop this crazy health care for everyone (for those that need it and are without money, it is provided), but most of all he needs to start making decisions that are not good for our entire country and quit apologizing for America in his speeches with foreign countries. He needs to stop voting present and make some decisions, not worrying about how it will look if he is wrong. Who cares? He simply is not doing his job.

Doesn't he get it? He is only making a fool of us and diminishing America is the eyes of foreign leaders. For some reason our president is unable to focus and make important decisions. So far Obama has proven to be a liar and a flunky.

I guess I am tired of hearing his speeches that are designed to pump him up. No one wants to hear anymore "I" speeches from either Obama or his wife, Michelle. What they said at the Olympics was downright embarrassing, Once again, it was a speech about themselves. In no way did their speeches help America or improve the image of America. Obama just made us look like fools, as he truly exploded his empty suit by once again over inflating his image. Now, everyone knows what an arrogant a__hole we have for a president.

What do you people expect a miracle? This man inherited a disaster that needs time and patience to clean up. There are people out there who are marking him a failure before he even begins. I have not lost faith in him, he was not the only one that lost. Every disappointment is for the good. We will save money in the long run monies that would have been used for stadiums and fixer uppers can now go into education, health care and many other things. Trusting the Military more than the President to make the next step in Afghanistan is not a negative after all they are out there in the trenches seeing it first hand. The President is the Chief and he is a man who listens to all sides and then decides what is best. Do not write him off as a failure not yet. There are things that he has accomplished that no one seems to be appreciating. He who laugh last laugh best. There is nothing wrong with apologizing humility can accomplish a lot and he is a smart man he knows that. For so long we walk around with our noses turned up at other countries laughing and ridiculing them. You can hear it in the tone of the conservative radio and tv shows. There are leaders in countries who are very cruel but it is easier to catch flies with honey. No matter how you feel about Him he is still our President how do you expect other countries to respect us again If they see us treating our President the way we do and trust me they are observing. If you thought they disliked us before it will be worst after is gone especially if we try to go into their country and tell them about democracy and what to do. If i was on the other side i would not listen to you either. Come on people fight for what you believe in and be smart about it. Remember what is really important.. Strong, Prosperous country with safe and healthy people

• Paul L

I personally do not think he should have gone to Copenhagan because there are far too many other things that need his attention. I know he was just there for a few hours, but that was still a wasted trip - ignoring the fact that Chicago did not get the nod. I really think that he is trying to do his job as well as he can but there are a few things here & there that he needs to tweak.

But have I lost faith? Not really - or at least, not yet. Other than Clinton, I have yet to be able to keep my faith in any president. Most of them, Obama included, aren't quite sure what the best solution is.

Oh boy, if only people paid attention to the scriptures, they'd see HOW Jesus NEVER EVER berated a woman, belittled them! Come on, the guy was contesting every abusive law of the religious authorities of his time. Do you really think that God intended for women to be ad vitam aeternam mistreated and humiliated by men? The same God who put a sign on Cain so that he won't be killed, even after he cursed him for killing his brother? God loves and treats every one equally. I had my issues with that whole "being submissive to your husband" part, especially having brought up in a culture where men treat women like pieces of **** and women allow them to do so because they were told that it's their role to be "subservient", oops, "submissive." However, St Paul said that both Christians, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN, have to be submissive to each other. So, I guess, you see where I am going with that. He also said that men were the head of the household (I won't even start with the cultural historical context here) JUST LIKE Jesus was the head of the church. Did Jesus see to be a despot to you? The guy who washed his disciples' feet and sometimes cooked for them? The good shepherd who is ready to move everything to find one lost sheep? That's what people, LOTS OF MEN DO NOT GET: being the chief means HAVING TONS OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS towards the people who are under you. You owe them not the way around. They'll be submissive to you because they know you will protect them WITHOUT abusing your power and that you're ACCOUNTABLE of the charge given to you. So DO NOT LOSE FAITH IN GOD because human beings had the audacity to pervert his words and commandments for their own benefits. God's a feminist: he wants men and women to have the same rights.

I would not now. Nor would I ever recognize Obama as the President

of the United States. Until He quits spending millions of dollars of his

campaign funding to quit hiding his records. College grades, BC.

Identities used. Along with Bogus Social Security numbers as one

poster on here last week intimated. He is a complete failure.

This vote had nothing to do with the Olympics and everything to do with Americas unpopularity around the world. Mr Obama is picking up the bills for the disastrous years of Bush's presidency and his warmongering rhetoric.

Here in UK we suffer a similar embarrassment in the Eurovision Song Contest with many countries refusing to vote for the British entry at all. Its very petty but the fact remains Bush & Blair have ruined the standing of both our nations. ( Never did find those WMD's did they?)

• Paul

Yes~Obama is pathetic and brings the USA to a new level~~dismal

Yes.

It was more probable that Rio would get the Olympics since the start. Chicago would not have won no matter what.