Just *when* is Iran going to get "the bomb"--realistically here?

For the past several years, I've heard that Iran was "supposed" to have the "bomb" by the end of 2006. 2006 came and went. NO BOMB. Bush then said, "Iran will have the bomb by the end of 2007." Again... 2007 came and went. NO BOMB. Bush then said, "Iran... show more For the past several years, I've heard that Iran was "supposed" to have the "bomb" by the end of 2006.

2006 came and went.

NO BOMB.

Bush then said, "Iran will have the bomb by the end of 2007."

Again...

2007 came and went.

NO BOMB.

Bush then said, "Iran will *definitely* have the bomb by the end of 2008."

2008 came and went and you know what...?

STILL NO BOMB.

Then he said--just before leaving: "Iran will have the bomb by 2009."

It's almost October now, and do you seriously *think* that Iran will have the bomb by the end of this year?

NOPE.

I'll wait though and mark each year with a chuckle and a shake of my head--at my government's lame attempts to keep scaring the people into *thinking* that a third-world nation with a 30-year+ technological infrastructure is going to have that Easy Button and make a "bomb" out of simply...nothing?

Curiously enough, the same US intel agencies whom fraudulently sold us the debacle (and national embarrassment) that was IRAQ, is now saying that Iran will get "the bomb" by the end of 2010 or by 2014.

I don't know about you, but this kind of "guessing games" is wearing mighty thin on me.

Point 1? Iran is BEHIND us in both cultural advancement and technology. For YEARS the country has lived and worked in complete *isolation* from the rest of the world and has yet to *produce* anything on its own in independence--without relying on outside help for assistance. (Notably China and Russia.)

Point 2? Low-level enrichment does NOT equal the bomb! Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't these same people whom we have constantly *elected* to both Congress and the White House KNOW this??? Because *unless* we are somehow "reinventing" the Laws of Physics for our own political good...? I don't think we're going to be seeing a "mushroom cloud" over the US in the near future.

Or anywhere else for that matter.

Point 3? Has anyone quite figured out that threats of sanctions and other measures against Iran hasn't WORKED in the past and won't work now?

Bush threatened such and Iran just chose to *ignore* him.

Now...

Obama is operating from the same page and it left me wondering if these same government ignoramuses realize or *understand* that WE are just wasting both our time and our breath.

Iran is still going to do what it wants to do and there is *little* we can do in return to stop them from developing--yes--NUCLEAR POWER.

Isn't that what the US is actually afraid of? A nuclear-POWERED country that holds the world's third largest supply of oil? With such energy dependence, wouldn't one think that would be a devastating *blow* to US hegemony in the Middle East? (Not to mention: Iran becoming a real-time power player in that region; possibly keeping (ironically) Israel in check from doing anything stupid.)

Mmm...

One would think.