Why is Obama personally going to pitch for the Olympics when he is needed at home?

I keep hearing our Chief General who is in Afghanistan is not being contacted by Obama and his administration (it' been something like 70+ days since they spoke) and his requests for help are unaddressed, yet our traveling man Obama seems to see fit to go pitch of Chicago to get the summer 2016 Olympics. ... show more I keep hearing our Chief General who is in Afghanistan is not being contacted by Obama and his administration (it' been something like 70+ days since they spoke) and his requests for help are unaddressed, yet our traveling man Obama seems to see fit to go pitch of Chicago to get the summer 2016 Olympics. Shouldn't his priorities be our nation and the war instead of going off to "play" and pitch fo his home state.
I'm really turned off by this.
What are your thoughts?
What do you think his priorities ought to be?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/...
Update: DS, I never once said I approved of Bush or anything he did. I was not a fan of his, either. I do happen to think Obama is doing very poorly, though, worse than Bush.