Survey: How big of an issue is name teasing?

One of the most frequent bits of advice I've heard regarding baby naming is, "You'll have to think of whether your child will be teased for that name." I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on how big an issue name teasing really is. Please answer these questions (or as many of them as you... show more One of the most frequent bits of advice I've heard regarding baby naming is, "You'll have to think of whether your child will be teased for that name." I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on how big an issue name teasing really is. Please answer these questions (or as many of them as you feel are relevant):

1. Were you teased about your name as a child? If so, what were you called? Did it make you dislike your name?

2. If you have school-aged children (or if you work with groups of kids) are your children ever teased for their names?

3. To what degree do parents need to take name-teasing into consideration when choosing names for their child? Do you think they should rule out only the most teasable names (like Dorcas or Dick) or do you think they should rule out ANY name for which they could think of a possible insult?

4. To what extent do you agree with these statements?
a. "No matter how hard you try to find an unteasable name, kids will still be able to come up with some way to make fun of it if they are determined."
b. "If your child isn't teased about his name, he will just be teased about something else."

5. Do you think uncommon names are more likely to lead to teasing because they draw more attention to themselves? (For example, would a Melisande be more likely than a Melanie to be called "Smelly Melly"? Or is a Leticia more likely to be called "Lettuce" than a Sofia is to be called "Sofa"?)

6. Do you think name teasing is becoming less common as our culture becomes more accepting of multicultural, invented, creative, or other unusual names?

Thank you!