Should horse owners be made to clear up their muck left on our public roads?

There's quite a lot of riders near where I live, and everyday in the car on my way to work, I find myself having to dodge large piles of horse poo. It's a nightmare to get off the tyres. Appreciate that it's not that easy to just dismount and pick it up, but dog owners can be fined for leaving... show more There's quite a lot of riders near where I live, and everyday in the car on my way to work, I find myself having to dodge large piles of horse poo. It's a nightmare to get off the tyres. Appreciate that it's not that easy to just dismount and pick it up, but dog owners can be fined for leaving (comparitively small) piles of dog muck about, so why aren't horse riders made to clear up after their animals foul on public roads?
Update: Wow, look I'm not out to 'whinge' or offend anyone, I just hate the large piles of horse poo all over the road! Is that such a crime?

I fully accept what you all say about horse manure being less harmful that dog poo, so thank you to those who have given informative answers.
Update 2: So essentially there's a gap in the market - if someone was to invent a device that enabled riders to pick it up, there might be a few who would use it..? Do find it funny that when it's such a good fertiliser that could be sold - and horses are expensive - so why don't riders pick it up and sell it... show more So essentially there's a gap in the market - if someone was to invent a device that enabled riders to pick it up, there might be a few who would use it..?

Do find it funny that when it's such a good fertiliser that could be sold - and horses are expensive - so why don't riders pick it up and sell it themselves to off-set the cost of keeping a horse(s)?

Dare I mention a horse tax (!) and then the council might pick it up, sell it and use funds to keep the roads maintained so horses can continue to use them. I pay car tax afterall.

Anyway thanks all for your answers, sorry to any who were offended, and happy riding :)