CassandraM asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

What is your favorite food to serve during football games?

Looking for suggestions and recipes for good "tailgate party" food. That doesn't mean we're actually eating out of a trunk at the ballfield....we tailgate at home. Also if you have any favorite drinks to serve with fun food - nonalcoholic please. There are several recovering alcoholics in our group, so no need to be a stumbling block there.

Thanks for your help!

Don't know why there are so many thumbs down on some of these suggestions. I appreciate them all...(even those who didn't read the last part of my question...) And a special thank you to those who took time to give recipes and/or website links!

The following recipes all have reviews, and a lot of them, and can be found at the following website online:---->>http://americanfood.about.com/od/resourcesaddition...

This delicious baked Rueben dip recipe is from Cathy at Noblepig.com. She adapted this recipe from Family Circle Magazine, and if you like Reuben sandwiches (and who doesn't!), you will love this creative deli dip! Perfect for that football game snack table.

Makes 16 Servings of Baked Reuben Dip

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

* 1/2 pound diced corned beef

* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

* 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese

* 1 cup sauerkraut, drained well

* 1/2 cup sour cream

* 1 tablespoon ketchup

* 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard

* cocktail rye bread

Preparation:

In a medium bowl, combine corned beef, cream cheese, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, sour cream, ketchup and mustard. Spoon into a greased, 1-quart baking dish.

Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Serve warm with rye bread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This creative jalapeno popper dip recipe has the great spicy taste of fried jalapeno poppers without all the extra work.

Makes 10 Portions of Jalapeno Popper Dip

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

* 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp

* 1 cup mayonnaise

* 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (half Jack, half cheddar cheese)

* 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

* 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies

* 1 (4 ounce) can sliced jalapenos - double if you like heat

* 1 cup panko bread crumbs

* 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

* 1/2 stick butter, melted

Preparation:

In a food processor, add the first 6 ingredients and process until smooth. You do not need to drain either can of peppers. Spread the dip into a greased 2-quart casserole. In a bowl, mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and melted butter; mix well. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the dip and bake in a preheated 375 degree F. oven for about 20 minutes. You want the top to get browned and the dip to be heated through and bubble gently on the edges.

Do not over cook this dish or the mayonnaise with separate and you will have a grease puddle in your dip. Serve with Buttery crackers or a sliced French baguette.

User Reviews Write Review

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 5 out of 5

Jalapeno Dip Recipe, January 29, 2009

By tjbrew

"I have made this recipe about a half dozen times. Each time it has received rave reviews from my guests. I love the flavor. It is unique and flavorful. It is just one of my all time favorites now."

This is the original spicy Buffalo chicken wings recipe from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY. You can adjust the heat by adding more or less cayenne and Tabasco.

There are many Buffalo chicken wing recipes out there, but if you want to taste the "real" thing give this a try. The chicken wings are deep-fried in the original recipe, but the hot oven works fine for the home version.

Makes 6 Servings of Buffalo Chicken Wings (6 per person)

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:

* 36 chicken wing pieces (one wing makes 2 pieces - the "flat" and the "drum")

* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil

* 1 tsp salt

* 1 cup all-purpose flour

* 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar

* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

* 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt

* 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

* 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce

* 1/4 teaspoon salt

* 6 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce (Frank's is the brand used in Buffalo)

* 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine

* celery sticks

* blue cheese dressing

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

1. If necessary, cut whole wings into two pieces. In a bowl toss the wings with the oil, and salt. Place into a large plastic shopping bag, and add the flour. Shake to coat evenly. Remove wings from the bag, shaking off excess flour, and spread out evenly on oiled foil-lined baking pan(s). Do not crowd. Bake for about 20 minutes, turn the wings over, and cook another 20 minutes, or until the wings are cooked through and browned.

2. While the wings are baking, mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a pan, and over low heat bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and then turn off.

3. After the wings are cooked, transfer to a large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over the hot wings and toss with a spoon or spatula to completely coat.

These are always served with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing on the side.

Fantastic Wings, February 4, 2008

By Angelspring

"This was the simplest and most declicious recipe!

I sprayed the frozen wings with olive oil, then baked t

Wings are always good hit but also messy, so keep extra paper towels around. Make them different levels of hotness and mix them together makes for great laughs.

Loaded Nachos can be a great idea, and you can loaded them however you want. Make sure to have sour cream and salsa/cheese/ bean or whatever type of dip.

Brat Dogs are my favorite tailgate food. There is nothing like a good cooked brat on game day. Just add mustard and maybe some grilled onion and peppers and enjoy.

Drinks - Nothing beats good Old Fashonied Root Beer, and towards the end of the game you can cap off the night by have root beer floats. Nothing beats classic Vanilla Ice Cream!!!

Here is an extremely easy dip that goes great with tortilla chips:

1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch FIESTA Dip Mix

16 oz sour cream

2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese

small can chopped black olives

small can chipped green chiles

Mix them all together. That's it! Everytime we have a get together my friends and family make me bring it and it is so easy :)

Barbeque sandwiches also are easy to make/serve for a large group. Otherwise my favorite would be brats with sauerkraut.

Cheese and meat platters usually go over well.

If you have access to easily get any Tastefully Simple foods get the Corn Black Bean Salsa dip. Spread cream cheese in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan, spread the salsa dip over the top. Top it with shredded cheese. Bake it at 350 until the cheese is melted - SUPER DELICIOUS! You can eat it with tortilla chips or crackers.

A fun drink would be to get some of the old-time sodas that come in glass bottles - the flavors are usually raspberry, orange, grape, root beer, etc. It is something different than your typical soft drinks and can be fun!

Way to go on not serving alcohol - my dad is a recovering alcoholic and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you making the effort! Not many people do :)

Pizza Just Some Tomato sauce and Warm it Up Out OF the oven

Nachos - Some Of The chips that you have with salsa but make some cheese and just pour some chips and a cup and put cheese on it

Cheeseburger or Hamburger - Everybody Should Know how to make Cheeseburgers/Hamburgers

Hot Dogs - Just like a cheeseburger put it on a grill there like the same thing just a diffrent meal

Those Are My Favorite Foods to Eat At A Football Team I am going tommorow to the OU Game

I had a Super Bowl party last year and I made this dip called Jalapeno Popper dip and Brown Sugar Smokies! They're amazing! Just go to www.allrecipes.com and you can find the recipe there! As far as nonalcoholic beverages, you can try virgin Bloody Marys' or virgin Pina Coladas?

Source(s): www.allrecipes.com

I am a cheese guy...so a platter of different cheeses....also love cream cheese with raspberry chipotle sauce...also there is a good salad that I tried a few years back

take some ranch style beans, lettuce, grated cheddar cheese, and fritos and mix it with french dressing(the orange stuff) and put it all together and chill in fridge...it sounds unappealing but is rather good

Source(s): HOOK'EM

HOT Wings, Pizza, Chips and Salsa, and Dr Pepper.

super nachos, wings and homemade pizza, can't go wrong with A&W root beer floats

wings, pulled pork on bulkies, pizza, wings, chips and dip, nachos, ribs,wings and more wings

Wings+Pizza+Booze...you can't go wrong!

but honestly, i rarely eat while watching the game..i'm too amped up.