My sister cut herself about 300 times today?

Please read all the details. I know its long :/ My sister is 16 and I am 17. Lately, she has been getting into a lot of trouble- promisciousness, smeoking pot, and her most recent one was she was caught with cigarettes in her bag. She started *screaming* at my dad this afternoon for almost no reason- She came... show more Please read all the details. I know its long :/

My sister is 16 and I am 17. Lately, she has been getting into a lot of trouble- promisciousness, smeoking pot, and her most recent one was she was caught with cigarettes in her bag. She started *screaming* at my dad this afternoon for almost no reason- She came upstairs fuming so he went to investigate and she tried to rough him up- My dad ended up slapping her because my 16 year old sister screamed at my 4 year old sister. She was out of control, it was a nightmare. And we STILL don't know why.

My sister was went to her room without her iPod and her cell phone and a few hours later- I waasn't home at this time, but mom told me she had "hundreds" of cuts on her arms and stomach. I stopped at the store before home and picked up some stuff for her. I came home and treated all the cuts, and asked her if there were anymore. She pulled her pants down and revealed about 100 more- Yes, that's about 300, no exageration. I am first-aid certified so I did treat them properly and I will be watching them closely. I took her box cutter from her and asked for the extra razors.

My sister leaves for military school in 2 weeks (a previous arrangement). Ultimately my sister needs to see a psychiatrist- Her biological father had Bipolar Disorder and at this point it may be possible that she has it, too.

My partner offered to speak with my sister- my partner is 23 and now can only wear long-sleeved shirts because she cut herself as a teenager and they are very bad. I'm hoping that seeing the after-effects might help my sister realize that she can't continue this behavior.

We cannot afford a therapist for her so we are trying to find one who takes DKC (an insurance for Alaskan families) but until then, I need to help my sister. My mom is investing in a scar cream that her client suggested to help remove surgery scars.

I feel like I'm at a loss with her. We (my parents and I) know she is in pain but we are unsure at this point how to help her. A lot of it is for attention but I know she is harboring something inside to make her act like this. Any advice?

Please, no critisizm. We are doing as best as we can right now.
Update: hey questionmark, my personal relationship is none of your business, is it? I'm legal, who gives a damn?