Jim B
Jim B asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Americans : How many Canadian soldiers are fighting in Afghanistan right now ?

Canada has had troops in constant combat in Afghanistan since 2002.

How many of our Canadian Forces men and women have been killed in action in the 7 years since 2002 ?

While you ponder that question, remember that the entire Canadian Forces manpower, in all 3 branches is a total of 60,000 people, and all of them are volunteers.

So, how many dead Canadians in the sand box ?

And how many people are in our Battle Group in Kandahar Province ?

Jim B. Toronto. Ontario. Canada.

I'm trying to raise awareness in the USA, about the Canadian efforts in Afghanistan.

In many cases, Americans have little or no knowledge about the vital role that the Canadian forces have been playing there.

When American news stories refer to "NATO soldiers killed in action in Khandahar " the fact that they are actually Canadians doesn't get mentioned.

My Point ?

To educate, and inform Americans about our sacrifice in Afghanistan.

Jim B. Toronto. CWO 1, retired.

Cutiepie :

Yes I know.........During my 30 years in the CF, I was on 4 two year exchange training programs with the US Army, as a instructor. I spent many off hours, doing informal " this is what Canada is like " talks, to try to bring their knowledge up to a minimum level. The amount of ignorance about our country was huge.

Jim b.

Dustin:

That does not surprise me at all. In the 1960's my parents used to point out how the Americans seemed to think that they won WW 2 all on their own.

I guess not much has changed, has it ?

Jim b.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XtQAmfTOtA

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=email

We have about 2700 over there

127 Canadian Soldiers have died

We have more casualities than the US and Britain if you even out the numbers of troops that are over there

hollyy

sassy you're an idiot, first of all this persons name is Jim, so i doubt it's a girl

and second of all HE IS asking americans

Americans:......

can you read?

lol good job sassy, when you see you're wrong you delete your edit

coward..

Source(s): CF Armoured Soldier RIP Simon Longtin USAF Fiancee

Have you noticed that all the intelligent answers came from Canadians, and the people it was directed to (Americans) gave you a bunch of clueless remarks. You would have been better off asking the British then the Americans.

You are sorely mistaken Jim, I am merely defending my countrymen against silly verbal attacks from Americans who" talk, to try to bring their knowledge up to a minimum level. The amount of ignorance about their country is huge." I would not have stated this hadn't I been right. The Americans have little care towards us, or this question for that matter, which is why you have more Canadians answering this then Americans.

You need more things to fill out your day then to try and educate Americans with questions.

LOL hey ( chris in the sand) you didn't tell us your post, your probably a police officer (meat head).

According to you so called accurate info that only proves that the Canadian army is better then the Americans.

Point

What makes you think they care, about the canadians... Even the ones giving their lives in the Americans defence, still in their eyes has no effect on them.

2500 soldiers are serving right now.

Last time I saw it was 127, but may have moved up.

2500 are in Afghanistan and 127 past away.

Don't ask the Americans, they don't know or care for that matter. A big portion of that 127 was done by the Americans when they dropped a bomb on our soldiers, without orders.

2500 Canadian soldiers are in Afghanistan and somewhere around 130 are dead.

Good on you.

Did you know just last week a correspondent from the Washington Times (Blankley, I believe was his name) said that "Except for the Americans, all other NATO troops in Afghanistan are cowards"?

Sickening.

Why ask the Americans, they don't know what goes on in the world around them. If you want some real accurate answers ask the canadians.

Don't waste your time the yanks wouldn't have a clue,they would just come out with some stupid comment like

''Does Canada even have an army''

Last time I heard that it was 250 something, but that was at the beginning of the summer.