Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant Christians, please answer with Scripture verses to support your answer.?

Did Jesus Christ pay the sin debt in "full" on the cross of Calvary for all "FUTURE" sins committed by Christians?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes He did! But not just for Christians for EVERYONE.

John 19:30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “IT IS FINISHED!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Tetelestai = it is finished! What has been finished? Christ's work as Savior of the world ... past, present, and future.

John 3:16-18 16 For God so loved the WORLD that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the WORLD to condemn the WORLD, but that the WORLD through Him might be saved. 18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The “world” means everyone including the past, present, and future.

I Cor. 15:21, 22 21 For since by man (Adam) came death, by Man (Jesus) also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam ALL die, even so IN Christ ALL shall be made alive.

This doesn’t say some or a few or even most … it says ALL and all means all.

Titus 3:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to ALL men,

Again, this doesn’t say some or a few or even most … it says ALL.

God's grace and peace to ALL. God bless.

Source(s): The New Open Bible Study Edition, NKJV
  • 1 decade ago

I dont belong to a religion because i dont believe in legalism but here is your answer John 3:16-36 1st John 5: 10-16 romans 4:7-18 Acts 28:26-31 Acts 15:7-23 Acts 13:33-52 Acts 11:1-26 These verses speak of Christians being (which were considered and stilled considered as) "gentiles" by the Jewish people. It speaks that Jesus Christ came to earth for all of us Christians and Jews alike therefore he died for all of us.We are the seed of David and Abraham.

Source(s): The bible
  • Lives7
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Jesus says in Mark 13:13 that you have to endure to the end to be saved. Paul says in 1 Corinthians 9:27 that he pummels his body lest he himself should be disqualified from heaven after preaching the gospel. Peter says in 2 Peter 2:20-22 that if you go back to your old ways of sin after following Christ, your new sinful state in life is worse than the first time you were a habitual sinner. Paul says in Hebrews 10:26-29 that if you sin deliberately after receiving the knowledge of truth, a fury of fire will consume you. The Spirit of God rested upon Saul in 1 Samuel 10:6, and then the Spirit left Saul in 1 Samuel 16:14. Concerning mortal sin, John says in 1 John 5:16-17 that there is indeed a thing called mortal sin, which he recommends not even praying about. Also, in John 19:11, Jesus himself talks about Judas having the GREATER sin.

Source(s): Catholic and Lovin It
  • Teresa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I need to answer this because it seems like no one here has the right answer. James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also bbelieve, and tremble. 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. We need both, faith and works goes hand in hand. There is so much confusion about his because we need a prophet just like the olden days to interpret the scriptures for us. A good question to ask would be if there is a prophet on the Earth today, since God is the same yesterday, today and forever. There should be one. I am neither protestant or catholic. But thought this should be answered correctly.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

>> Did Jesus Christ pay the sin debt in "full" on the cross of Calvary

>> for all "FUTURE" sins committed by Christians?

First of all, there is no Bible passage which condones forgiveness of sin without sincere repentance nor supports forgiveness of sin before such sin is actually committed. However, yes, Jesus Christ's death on the cross is a one-time payment for all repented sins -- past, present, and future.

Heb. 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

God bless.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, He paid for all the sins: past and present and future. The only unforgivable sin is unrepented blasphemy

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Anyone who is a blood only believer and says that only the shed blood on the Cross is the full and complete atonement for all our sins is a liar, and also makes Jesus out to be a liar (1 John 5:6-11). This is why these types of believers still have their sins.

Jesus could never have died on the Cross if He did not as our sacrificial Lamb take them up first (Matt 8:17).

What flowed out of Jesus' side after He died and that Roman Soldier pieced His side with his spear??? BLOOD AND WATER!!!!!

And what did Jesus teach Nicodemus in John 3 who did not have a clue how to be born again?? Water and Blood.

So, Jesus fulfilled all righteousness by His water baptism by John and His death on the Cross.

John 3:3-5 means, "If someone wants to be born again, they should be born of water and the Spirit. Here water means the baptism of Jesus, which does away with all the sins of the world once and for all. The Spirit means that Jesus who received baptism from John the Baptist is God Himself.”

The sins of the world mentioned by John the Baptist in John 1:29, means all the sins from Adam to the last person alive on this earth (Past, Present and Future sins....all of it!!!)

Source(s): www.nlmnewzealand.com
  • ChrisP
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

We are forgiven for all sins, though the "future" sins, as you put it, must be confessed to God as they are revealed to you (1John 1:9), which means agreement with God and His opinion that they are sinful. We all have sin in our life, and the one who says he has no sin is a liar, and the truth is not in him (also 1John). But if you really believe in Jesus, then your desire will be to do His will and to put sin to death in yourself (Romans 6, 7, and 8), which is the evidence of salvation. It is a spiritual war to do so (2Corinthians 10:1-5), but as we keep enduring temptation in those areas which God is working on, obedience will eventually become our way of life, and we will receive the crown of life. As long as it is our desire to and strive to live a life pleasing to God, He freely forgives our shortcomings, for there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk according to the spirit and not the old flesh sin nature (Romans 8:1).

• 1 decade ago

I'm in agreement with DaveC on this one. Only confessed sins can be atoned for. Great answer!

• Mike K
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Hello,

No - these two writings pretty well negate this concept you describe:

On the last day, Jesus will say to those on His right hand, "Come, enter the Kingdom. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was sick and you visited me." Then Jesus will turn to those on His left hand and say, "Depart from me because I was hungry and you did not feed me, I was thirsty and you did not give me to drink, I was sick and you did not visit me." These will ask Him, "When did we see You hungry, or thirsty or sick and did not come to Your help?" And Jesus will answer them, "Whatever you neglected to do unto one of these least of these, you neglected to do unto Me!"

And -

Matt 18:23-35 Therefore the Kingdom of Heaven is like a certain king, who wanted to reconcile accounts with his servants. When he had begun to reconcile, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. But because he couldn’t pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, with his wife, his children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. The servant therefore fell down and kneeled before him, saying, ‘Lord, have patience with me, and I will repay you all!’ The lord of that servant, being moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt. "But that servant went out, and found one of his fellow servants, who owed him one hundred denarii, and he grabbed him, and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ "So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will repay you!’ He would not, but went and cast him into prison, until he should pay back that which was due. So when his fellow servants saw what was done, they were exceedingly sorry, and came and told to their lord all that was done. Then his lord called him in, and said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt, because you begged me. Shouldn’t you also have had mercy on your fellow servant, even as I had mercy on you?’ His lord was angry, and delivered him to the tormentors, until he should pay all that was due to him. So my heavenly Father will also do to you, if you don’t each forgive your brother from your hearts for his misdeeds."

Believe me I wish it were that easy but it is not.

Cheers,

Michael Kelly

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.