Really long relationship question, serious answers please.?

I was 14 when my ex and I started dating, at 18 we broke up for 8 months and he dated another girl, when he left her he came back to me and ask me to marry him. Then I found out I was pregnant, he wasnt ready to be a father so I had an abortion. It brought us closer and when he asked me to move in with him shortly... show more I was 14 when my ex and I started dating, at 18 we broke up for 8 months and he dated another girl, when he left her he came back to me and ask me to marry him. Then I found out I was pregnant, he wasnt ready to be a father so I had an abortion. It brought us closer and when he asked me to move in with him shortly after I told him no, I wasnt ready to be out on my own. This is where things started falling apart, instead of me his best friend moved in with him, and he started using drugs and drinking a lot. We broke up, but stayed friends until he started dating a heroine addict and parting really hard, he hit a low and I helped him out of it and over the next few months we got close and he told me that leaving me was the worse mistake he ever made and that he loved me then NOTHING for like 3 weeks finally when he called and told me that he was trying to connect with this girl we used to be friends with, I was crushed but eventually I was able to deal and this made me the perfect person for him to vent to when she frustrated him, well we're getting close again and she has pretty much told him that now that shes back at school that she is no longer interested in him and here I am picking him back up. I dont want to be with him because I am leaving for basic training soon but there is a big part of me that loves him and wants nothing more than to pick up where things fell apart. What do you think, what should I do, he means a lot to me and if nothing else he will always be my very best friend I just dont know how to approach him anymore. SO HELP! PLEASE!

BTW I am 21 now, he's 22.
Update: Please excuse my grammer! I wasnt really paying attention to that just makikng sure I got all the details down.