promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Jake asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why are Republicans stuck in the Cold War? Do they not realize that Communism stopped being a threat in 1991?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

So you realize that communism failed then. So knowing that, why would you want a self-proclaimed communist as a presidential czar?

We now know that flat earther's were wrong. Would you want one as a presidential adviser?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Ben
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

China is communist in the loosest sense, in the next 20 years I think you will see China end its communist rain. As you have seen China has discovered the power of Capitalism and is slowly moving away from communism.

Cuba has also seen the light and after Castro's death will be moving to Capitalism.

The only only to be concerned about is North Korean. Mainly due to reports that one of Kim Jong's sons with be leader (reports also state he is just like his father) and the fact that they have nuclear weapons is not good. But the fact that they don't have the technology to launch a missile able to hit continental united states is assuring. The fact is they wont use nuclear weapons because of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction)

I think what the author of the this question is stating is that communism as a government is dead. I don't think you will not see any countries in the 21st century adopt communism, mainly because there is more money to be made in capitalism.

• 1 decade ago

What i find interesting is that liberals don't consider world terrorism to be a threat, not even after 9-11.

• 1 decade ago

It stopped being a threat as long as they weren't giving important positions advising the president! It seems many of Obama's advisors are communists - not just Van Jones.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • You win the prize for the most ignorant question this month. Congratulations.

No, we did not. Tyranny NEVER stops being a threat, regardless of what you call it.

• Bryan
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Have you ever heard of North Korea? How about China? Cuba? Communism has not ceased to exist in the world. As long as it exists it continues to be a threat.

• 1 decade ago

"...Communism stopped being a threat in 1991..." this information would be news to thousands of political prisoners held by communist regimes.... if they were allowed to read your somewhat ignorant post.

• 1 decade ago

From dictionary.com:

1. a theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common, actual ownership being ascribed to the community as a whole or to the state.

2. (often initial capital letter) a system of social organization in which all economic and social activity is controlled by a totalitarian state dominated by a single and self-perpetuating political party.

Sounds threatening to me....and awfully current.

• Pfo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

So long as communism exists to the extent that people talk about it, it is a threat.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The green job czar that just resigned was a self admitted Communist. It is active in this country.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.