Installing new Pioneer deck in 2001 Ford Escort ZX2?

I already have an after-market Pioneer deck in my 2001 Ford Escort ZX2, but I would like to purchase a new deck. How hard is it to install a new Pioneer deck in place of the existing deck? What kind of tools would I need? I have no experience installing car decks, but I wold like to save the $50 Best Buy charges if it's as easy as sliding one deck out and another in. Any help, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

• ?

If you are replacing a pioneer with a pioneer,then it should be just a matter of pulling the old one out and putting the new one in.

You shouldn't have to change the wiring harness or the mounting cage.

When you pull the old radio out just compare the plug on the old radio with the plug for the new radio and make sure all the wires are in the same place on the plug.

I recently did this for someone that had a old Alpine,replaced it with a new Alpine and didn't have to change anything.

Pulled the old one out and put the new in.

i dont know much about escorts and this sight only has '99 escort instructions but it might give you a general idea of what your install would entail. http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/FLM/PDF/35601...

i didnt bother to look up the model years so theres a chance i could be the same model car.