Is blue ray effective if your HD tv is capable of only 720 versus 1080 lines of resolution?

I think I want a blue ray player, but only if my new tv can display the improved picture accurately.

a blu-ray running on a 720p HD tv will still look noticeably better than a DVD on an SD tv (or even upscaled on an HD tv)

definite, 1080 determination is greater powerful than 720, and the ps3 can help the two settings. The determination additionally contraptions the dimensions of the television in spite of the undeniable fact that, a 1080 television could be greater desirable than a 720 HD, however the 1080 could have a greater powerful snap shots seem to boot. The 720 HD remains a large adventure to play on

Well, Blu-Ray will look noticeably better than standard DVD's on your TV, but won't be able to display its full potential (1080p). I'd go for it.