Is it ok to date your friends ex boyfriend ?

Ok now i know this question will have been asked thousands and thousands of times and theirs a lot of mixed answers. So i thought i would give you some background info and see your opinion on it. Well i've never been close friends with many people. Always in a group but always sort of left out. So anyway i had... show more Ok now i know this question will have been asked thousands and thousands of times and theirs a lot of mixed answers. So i thought i would give you some background info and see your opinion on it. Well i've never been close friends with many people. Always in a group but always sort of left out. So anyway i had this friend and she was totally madly , sorta of obsessively in love with but they ended up dating for 2 weeks, she was too immature for him. Well me and him have became like best friends , i trust everything in him and he asked me out and i said yes and i said we could keep it to ourselves , see if it works out and if it does we can tell her. See this girl and i weren't talking as much anymore. But now one of his friends told my sort of friend and told her. So anyway the girl ( the friend whos ex boyfriend i wanna date) says shes over him , we'd make a great couple , we should date when were on msn. But is joining up with all my old friends to ignore me. So should i end up not going out with a guy who i really like and trust or make up with the friends ( who never invite me anywhere and treat me like ****) but if i dont make up with them i will be alone in school ?

I'm sure the story is way too long and doesnt make sense but what it comes down to. Is should date my friends ex boyfriend ? is it ever acceptable ?
Update: Extra info : He's 19 i'm 15 We dont goto the same school He dumped her because she was immature I never got a chance to tell my friend because someone done it for me , before i got the chance to tell her I really care for , hes my closest friend All my friends are now treating me like **** , by... show more Extra info :
He's 19 i'm 15
We dont goto the same school
He dumped her because she was immature
I never got a chance to tell my friend because someone done it for me , before i got the chance to tell her
I really care for , hes my closest friend
All my friends are now treating me like **** , by telling me on msn that she's fine with it but in real life theyre drawing me daggers and ignoring me and bitching about me