What did the British soldiers die for in WW2?

After the war Britain evolved into a gutless, cowardly nation of liberals.

We surrendered to the rule of the EU superstate.

We allowed the influx of millions of third world immigrants, and foreign and brutal cultures into our country.

We are now a country ruled by political correctness, where criminals have more rights than victims ,and "positive" anti white discrimination is the norm.

In 50 years, indigenous brits WILL be the minority, and on current trends islam will be the largest religion in Britain.

HAS BRITAIN BETRAYED THOSE WHO DIED IN WW2?

Last year BNP leader Nick Griffin said that those who died for Britain in WW2 would vote for the BNP if they could.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • flint
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

I have a relative who fought with the Resistance and was behind enemy lines for most of the war and he said it breaks his heart to think how many young men died for this country to become nothing more than an Islamic state. He has voted Labour for most of his life, but now supports the BNP so I think that says it all.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you think this nation is a gutless, cowardly nation of liberals see what happens when the Nazi BNP try seizing power.

When you make statements like that you really reveal just what kind of "patriots" you are and the fact that your brand of "nationalism" is totally contemptuous of the British people and all they have fought for. Things like liberty, democracy, freedom from want and tolerance. As Wolfie pointed out you show disrespect for those who fought against Hitler and the likes of you and your "Kameraden" in WW2. It is the Nazi BNP that is betraying those who died in WW2.

As for "indigenous Brits" - (Why don't you say white? For that is what you really mean) - being a minority in 50 years. Do you really believe this nonsense? Or are you just cynically scaremongering or scapegoating to further your racist agenda? Or perhaps you are living in an alternative universe to the rest of us.

You really should read a an SF novel by Norman Spinrad called "The Iron Dream". It is set in an alternate future where the Communists took over Europe and Hitler fled to New York and became a SF writer. The books the Hitler in that universe writes have about as much basis in reality as the nonsense you and Griffin spout.

• RMP
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Blah, blah, blah. Yeah I'm sure those men who died in WW2 would have voted for Nazism in their own country. Gutless cowards? Since war dictates who are 'cowards' & who aren't, I think you should consider we have pretty much always been at war since WW2, we're a lot of things but we sir are not cowards.

Britons will only become a minority if we all stop reproducing & allowing the current trend of immigration to continue. But I doubt either of those are the case so I'm not concerned.

You seem to be deluded. If Britain fell into BNP hands then the Nazis will have truly won the war.

• 3 years ago

there replaced into no land battling interior the united kingdom interior the way of repelling an invasion because of the fact the invasion did not happen. besides the undeniable fact that, some squaddies could have died in air raids, as did many civilians. some squaddies could even have died subsequently of coaching injuries and street smashes. I even have been conversing extremely approximately 'squaddies'. Many RAF pilots died interior the conflict of england and in different air battles over Britain. Royal Naval workers died in waters around the British Isles.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For Griffin to make assumptions about what the dead of WW2 would have voted for is simply ridiculous. I lost my Dad in '06, he was a WW2 vet and took part in the D-Day landings, and one thing he once said to me was "please don't vote for the BNP". I was seriously contemplating it once, but never did, nor will I - ever!

Times have changed beyond all recognition since the end of WW2. What the Dads and Grandads fought for then has NOTHING to do with what is going on now whatsoever. They fought for 65 years of peace in Europe as far as I'm concerned and Issues of race and immigration came later when successive Labour governments allowed far too much immigration. Whether we like it or not, those govts were democratically elected - by many of the people that actually fought in WW2 as well.

• 1 decade ago

They died to prevent Europe being over-run by a far right dictatorship led by Adolf Hitler. To free the conquered nations of Europe from the tyrrany imposed by the Nazi regime.

Many of those who died were not "indiginous brits" (your term, not mine), but were Empire citizens, many of whom form the immigrants you and your neo-Nazi party so despise.

The soldiers who died in WW2 were not a homogeneous group who all fought for the same reasons, and who would have all voted the same way.

Griffin's assertion that they would have voted BNP is low and cheap, as you would expect from this odious man. Some would have been outright racists and would have voted BNP. Some would have voted communist, many more would have settled back into domesticity and voted for the three main parties.

The BNP is a neo-Nazi party, with many Nazi sympathisers in positions of power, including the holocaust denier, Griffin. Since our troops died fighting Nazism, why should anyone think they would want to see it re-emerge 65 years later?

Incidentally, here's a photo of BNP founder, John Tyndall.

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/the-real-bnp/images/...

Explain why our dead in WW2 would vote BNP again?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have no doubt in my mind that you are probably correct, all those soldiers who died in the WW1 and WW2 would more likely be inclined to vote in the BNP compared to other modern parties as they are stricter, they dont want a mass influx of immigration, they want the British to come first, they will help the army, yes, this was the norm back in those days.

However, times change. Britain certainly is going in the wrong direction, thats for sure, but by the looks of it nothing we can do will change anything, we'll all have to immigrate to Australia and New Zealand

• 1 decade ago

British soldiers, and indeed civilians at home and in the colonies, died because we, the British declared war on Germany for reclaiming the former German territory of Prussia that had been ceded to create a new Poland. Britain was a guarantor of Poland's sovereignty under a treaty following the Armistice of 1918. Curiously, we didn't declare war on the Soviet Union who also invaded their part of Poland on the same day.

• 1 decade ago

The British soldiers gave up their lives in WW2 fighting against a fascist regime which apparently you BNP guys think it is cool to bring back now. No way, Hitler stirred up racial hatred aganst the Jews which the BNP are now trying to do against Muslims, fortunately now we have moved on and many people who are not Muslims will also oppose your Nazi values and politics of hatred.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They died for the freedom that your crumby little party would deny to others. They haven`t been betrayed by Britain, but they are betrayed by your odious organisation and its fat fascist leader.

Stop using these brave men to try to promote your twisted agenda. You`re not fit to polish their boots.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.