Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Why hasn't our President announced whether or not to lower the flag to half mast?

The Capital has lowered their flags but the Washington monument has not lowered theirs, I lowered mine because I don't know and rather err on the side of caution but does our President know how important this is, is this official or not are we a country in mourning or not, are we united or not, divided we fall!!

Favorite Answer

Very good!!

I think because some people (including me) would see it as a partisan gesture. Many Senators die and the flag is not lowered to half mast. Why this one? If I were able to I would NEVER vote for him! Also this particular Senator is responsible for the murder of a young woman he was out with. At the time he was married to another woman. Is that they type of person that the Obama Administration would stoop to honor?

I think our President has more important issues to deal with right now.

I don't think he has time to go out and make sure everyone is following the status quo. Besides he has people being payed with our tax dollars to take care of that. Evidently someone is dropping the ball.

• Millie

Since when is imperative to lower the flags to remember such a piece of scum!

AT LAST, somehow, Mary Jo Kopechne will be able to rest in peace.

Remember the day the Pledge of Allegiance was said and Obama did not have his hand over his heart, it was down at his side? I just thought I would mention this.

contained in u.s., the President can difficulty an govt order for the flag of u.s. to be flown at 0.5-team upon the death of important figures of u.s. government, and others, as a mark of comprehend to their reminiscence. whilst such an order is issued, all government homes, workplaces, public faculties and militia bases are to fly their flags at 0.5-team.

• kj

Of course we should lower our flags to half mast. I don't think it needs an official declaration, however.

he's to busy on vacation playing golf to do anything

Source(s): why should the flag be lowered, have people forgotten what happened with that woman,Mary Jo, they are kids and good people die every day, no one lowers a flag for them

He Did- first thing this morning. Like Yourself, maybe not everybody got the "word..."

and pray tell....why are we suppose to be in mourning?